Thursday, October 07, 2010

I DO NOT “LIKE”!!!

ada You should have heard her when I was giving her a bath yesterday.  She was not too bad the bath but when I was grooming and blow drying her she turned into a little banshee! You’d have thought I was murdering her.  It was just a tantrum of course and I took no notice and completed the job.  Many people make the mistake of trying to sooth them or stopping or making a fuss of them or screaming at them. I have found that none of that works.  I ignore them completely and just continue with the job.  When it is over I praise them profusely and put them on the floor to play. The only time I will do anything is if they attempt to bite and then I will scruff them by the neck, shake them and scream NO at them.  They normally do not do it again.

I have been feeling pretty good this week.  I even managed to walk the dogs yesterday.  It always amazes me that even though painkillers allow me to walk the dogs on a good day it doesn’t actually stop the physiological response because when the tablets worn off I know that I have been walking!  I also discovered while we were away that although the painkillers will stop pain, if I am feeling particularly bad taking the pills makes no difference.  I will feel less pain but still feel bad.  In other words my smart idea of carrying on as normal but take enough pills was not a smart idea after all. It does not work that way.

A few months ago I joined Facebook. I have been getting so many invitations but eventually I just decided to see what it was like.  I do quite enjoy it.  I do find some of what I read on there offensive.  I am surprised what people will write and what people will click like on.

There is one at the moment which says something like “what goes around comes around and when it comes to you I hope it hits you twice as fucking hard”.  To me this is a really mean-spirited sentiment and I am somewhat surprised at the amount of people who click like.  This sort of vengeful thinking does no one any good and drags us down into the mire.

There is also one calling for a Christian revival “click like if you think Jesus is Lord”.  Oh for God’s sake do these people never give up? We hardly need a revival when the world is crawling with them. I find it an ignorant and offensive ideology and am rather sick and tired of having it shoved in my face the whole time.  (Now watched the hate mail coming in from these Jesus lovers.)

Oops! Do I sound irritated? :-)

7 comments:

Lia Nord said...

She's adorable, whether she hates baths or not.

About the elusive pooling,try doing half-way stripes on your blank, some from the bottom, some from the top. Or large blots in the middle! Who knows what you'll get!

Iris said...

What a face!!!

I've gotten very selective of the people I add as friends. There are some folks who just collect "friends." There's a kind of crazy contest about who can get the most "friends."

Maggie said...

Cute puppy, and now I know the trick to baths, but will be glad my son is willing to bath that dog of mine.
Will agree with your post about Facebook, I don't add everyone as friends, don't often click on that 'like' button and manage to ignore a lot of what does come up from my connections.
But it helps me keep in touch with people easier, faster and I like that, plus it's easy to see the photos others are willing to share.

DJNL said...

She is just too cute...and that is also the best way to treat human children...they respond to that approach much better than any other!
Right on with your 'jesus' comments...I, too, am sick of them all! They will ruin the world...all in God's name (who doesn't exist anyway).

Paula said...

Colin, There is a difference between a real Christian and a fundamentalist.. I am through with them.. They swallowed a rapist, then when confronted with scripture on what to do with one, they choked on it like a gnat.. I too have animosity for the fundamentalists.. It keeps me from going to church here in the South. It doesn't seem to be about love anymore and more about conforming to rules. Even when you follow the rules, sometimes you get squished.. The "rules" have set me up time and time again to be used and hurt. I am finally learning to stand on my own without hurt and abuse.. Just because I believe in Jesus, does not mean I can't love you. If fact Jesus commands us to love everyone. I disagree with religious belief's where you have to condemn and give out reproof. The belief I follow and my father, Paul Smith, taught me was love people and let God do the convicting of sin.. Sin or the appearance of sin is God's business, not mine. So, I don't fit in with the fundamentalist world view where they are the ones to convict of sin. They are not following the bible. They only ones to be reproved are those in their particular church.. We all are sinners.. I still sin, though I consider my self Christian in theology.. I am a sinner.. But, I accept Jesus, so that makes me want to love others as Jesus loved me.. Not condemn the world.. God ONLY convicts people of "sin".. God really is in all of us all... Even science calls the minute piece of matter they can't comprehend the "God particle"... So, if science can't understand the cohesiveness of the atom in life and all things, then I conclude that God is in all of us.. So, if I condemn you, I condemn God.. I was not put on this earth to condemn anyone. I was put on this earth to learn and absorb my personal meaning for life and living.. The fundamentalist are full of themselves and not adhering to Their own rules. Even the bible says the law is dead, lifeless because no man can follow it perfectly.. So, my friend, you are loved with the purest love I can find in myself, with out rules, with out you having to do anything special except exist.. We should love others like we should love our own children, despite all faults or the appearance of short comings or other man created charts and expectations.. Love is with out demands or expectations.. Love is just loving someone no matter what. There is even a whole chapter in the bible on what love should be. Patient, kind, long suffering.. If someone isn't about love, then I just shut them out of my life. Just like I did my sister, whom I love, but it is just safer to love her from afar. I will never live up to her standards of "family".. I finally saw that neither does she in reality. All the hoops were for her personal entertainment and I fell for it.. So, no Colin, not all "believers" are of Godly intentions.. There is even scripture to confirm this, "People will believe a lie and be damned.." The fanatical lie right now is bashing.. Jesus only bashed out at the legalistic, and loved the "sinners" and hung out with the "sinners"... He was even judged for hanging out with sinners. The bible also says "Pride goeth before a fall".. Legalists are proud of their legalism.. Therefore, they shall fall. What excuse are they going to give God before the thrown to bashing?? Religion should not be a club to beat people into submission.. It should be the cause of love to love others no matter what.. He who comdemns is condemned already.. I think that one is in the bible too... Just hang in there. It seems to me like you follow the basic 10 commandments anyway... The 11th commandment is to love everyone. Jesus said that.. You know what?? I could care less about streets of gold or mansions. That doesn't impress me.. I am impressed by creation, trees and flowers and the reality and beauty of a world of such exquisite diversity.

Paula said...

If God didn't love diversity, then we would all be the same.. He love diversity. That is why there are so many things in nature that are the same yet different in minute ways. I am not fond of spiders, but God took time to make a bunch of different ones in color shape and size that even that amazes me.. I know this is moderated and you may not put it in your blog, but just know that you are loved by one who also loves Jesus.. You are loved to the best of my ability through the God who loves me not matter what.. So, how can I not love you no matter what?? Just plain common sense to me.. Sincerely, Paula Shields in Macon, North Carolina

Yarnhog said...

I think you've just summed up the pluses and minuses of Facebook. I haven't joined, because so far for me, the minuses seem greater.