Friday, September 10, 2010

TRULY A STAR

It was such a pleasure this morning to find that I have started to receive my favourite type of comment again.  Those pathetic wicked minded bits of prose that confirm for my fragile ego that I have fans! I need so much to have confirmation of how important I am and it is good to know that I’m important enough to have twisted stalkers.  That puts me right up there with the stars.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I truly love you all.  Thank you thank you thank you.

You never know, from my lofty position, I may one day make YOUR day, and actually publish one of these delightful drops of acid.  Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Iris said...

You have far more friends than enemies. I, sometimes, feel I comment too much and, so, try to keep my prose to myself. However, you have no idea how much I abhor the thought of people attacking you. I just don't understand peoples' needs to be negative. It makes more sense to me to be supportive or silent. But, then, who am I? ::laughing::

Denise said...

Grandma always said if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything. I always have nice things to say to you Colin. You are one of my favorite bloggers. To those who have to say nasty things I give a raspberry to them. Life's to short to be so mean to others.

anachronist said...

I want to tell you the same as Iris and Denise already did and then some more.

I found out for myself, that using irony about injust stuff, that others do onto me just leads to treading down the path of self injury (be it "only" in thoughts, it still is hurting oneself) in my subconscious mind.

So I try not to do that any more.

These people, who write such stuff to you do have a big problem, and maybe they should just not get any attention at all, since I guess, it is attention, they are after.
Just stop reading such comments as soon as you realize, where they are heading, and throw them to dev null.
That is what I would do.

It is sad enough, we are discussing such things here, and not spend our time with happier exchanges, dont you think?
Saw the picture of us in your post, and I do look different, even to myself.
I really enjoyed the afternoon we had together, and was really sad, having to leave.
Hubs still is dealing with that infection, it was a really severe one.

Deb said...

Thank goodness for your sense of humor.

AR said...

Colin,
There are far more of us out here batting for 'your team' than I think you realise.
A pox on the naysayers!

Warmest good wishes
Ann

P.S. Re Denise's raspberry comment.... pity we can't write it so it sounds right when read.