Wednesday, September 15, 2010

BUG

It turns out that I have a bug after all! I was up several times last night and I had the shivers as well. I feel very washed out that I am feeling better this morning. I did not get away with my fall after all! My hip started playing its tune last evening and got very loud during the night so that I had to keep moving. I feel relieved to realise that I have actually had a bug because the diarrhoea was really beginning to worry me. 
It started Monday morning after a night of cramps and I have been having to go to the loo at least a dozen times each day with very little warning.  Yet I felt well.  Of course I do not mean well I mean that I didn’t feel any different to usual.  However last night it became obvious to me that I actually was sick because of the shivering.  I only had to go to the loo once during the night and I am feeling much better now as regards my intestines.
I have a rather vivid imagination and I was imagining all sorts of things usually involving imminent death.  I even wondered if this was drug withdrawal! Despite the fact that I have not stopped taking them! My logic being that some days I take more than others and I was wondering if my body had got used to a certain amount and was now suffering withdrawal! I tell you I can be my own worst enemy and I cause myself anxieties for no reason! Occasionally, my living waiting for the other foot to fall as I did most of my life, comes back at times of vulnerability.
Still it means I have had plenty of time to just sit and read and watch DVD! I am watching the the sixth and final series of Nip / Tuck.  This is an excellent satire and it makes them very serious observations depending on how one watches I suppose.It is full of truly dysfunctional people
I have also been reading The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest during the day.  I am going to miss Lisbeth and Mikael when I have finished this.  Millennium I, II  and III are really just one long story I guess split into three books to make them saleable.  I find these books really remarkable and certainly have never read anything like it before and never will again. The other author who has grabbed me in a very similar way is Minette Walters.

I think I have enough food in the freezer so that I don’t have to go out until John gets home on Friday night.

4 comments:

Penelope Grey said...

Hi Colin,I hope you begin to feel well again soon, sounds like you are on the mend,just now need to recover, get your strength back. These bugs are not nice as they can really set you back, I wonder if it was connected with you falling the other evening, a balance issue?

Take good care of yourself and it will be Friday in no time at all. I can't believe how fast time is travelling at the moment for me.

Beverley xx

Iris said...

I hope you're well again soon. I just finished "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and I can hardly wait to read the next. Jim's reading it, now, and it will be at least several days until I get to start it. I refuse to buy a second copy because I'm cheap.

I can't seem to get back into the habit of blogging.

joannamauselina said...

Gosh, I hope you feel better immediately Being sick is the worst, especially if you are not even getting to stay home from your job, but have to continue your at home responsibilities anyway.

I too loved those books. At least you have something good to read.

Deb said...

Just a thought about possible withdrawal symptoms....maybe the diarrhea is causing you to deplete your meds from your system? Therefore, you aren't maintaining the proper levels of your meds.

Take care & hope that you're well soon.