Friday, July 30, 2010

FANNY WATCHING

I have been checking out the girl’s fannies for the weeks, more so than usual, because I am expecting them to come into season.  Whitney is not due until the end of August that Edna and Carly had yet to have their second season so I have no idea when to expect it.  However, judging from the behaviour of the girls over the last few weeks I know that is one of them is coming in.  When I checked Carly today I think it might well be her.  If so I shall be pleased because the timing is just right.

I was very disappointed to discover recently that going and giving talks and demonstrations leaves me just as fatigued and pain filled the day after as dog shows do. Pish! This of course means that any ambitions I had to work more frequently and further afield are unrealistic.

Perhaps just the way that I communicate on the Internet via my blog and on Facebook and/or e-mail and just with the people I meet, I can be spreading what I have learned.  My life has changed so dramatically that I really want to share how.  It is not something that one can just write about once and that is it.  Changing one’s beliefs about oneself, about one’s past, and about the world one lives in, takes time.  Often, just like I did, one needs to read the same message over and over and over in many different ways before it begins to sink in.

It is possible that I only thing this in order to cheer myself up!  I do find it odd that I have this gift to share (mediumship) but my body does not allow me to do so very often.  I had been forewarned that my pathway was going to change and that I would work in a different manner. I have only just come to realise how my body dictates what I am able to do.  I have yet to understand how my work will continue or even if it will.  It would seem to me to be such a waste if there was not some way I could talk and demonstrate more than occasionally to 20 people.  I guess the powers that be will guide me however I need to be guided.  In other words this is not down to me and I will have to go with the flow.

I am really looking forward to our trip to Dresden in Germany.  Germany is a beautiful country and as I have said many times its treatment of the handicapped is excellent.I barely have any access issues.The people themselves are friendly and polite and they do not patronise me. They do not assume that because I am in a wheelchair I am a dribbling idiot.  They speak to me not to John if it is me they are asking something of.  They do not pretend that I am invisible.

One of the reasons I really enjoy going away is that I get a break from having to do the day-to-day things.  It is nice not to have to deal with the dogs and it is extremely nice not to have to cook for myself!  It took me a long while to realise that this was one of the main things I liked about being away.  It is nice to be taken care of.

 

3 comments:

Maggie said...

LOL, did some hobby breeding with my Lhaso pair, do know that watching stuff. Best of luck with the dogs. I also understand that working to change one's self, from that shy awkard child who was told over and over she was 'slow' to the usualy confident, competent woman who has seen paper proof her IQ scores are over 140--gee, the grandparents loved me and protected me, but those skull fractgures when I was 18 months messed up that gross moter skills some but not the intelligence or the abilities to learn.
So, too, you have fought a hard battle to overcome the damage of your childhood. In my case I know it was overprotective and done because of love.
You and what you write here at your blog are an inspiration, even though I don't agree 100% with everything you post. Most of it I do, take care, enjoy the up-coming German vacation

Yarnhog said...

"I have been checking out the girl’s fannies for the weeks"

There are some places on the Internet where I would expect to see this sentence, but your blog is not one of them! Still laughing...

anachronist said...

What Maggie said, can only be emphasized.
Change can happen, and it is up to us if we let it.

Would you care to mail me, when and how your Germany trip leads you into our areas?

WOuld love to meet, sit and knit some with you.
No shopping for me though, you are way too fast in your wheelchair for me.
Walking with a limp is demanding.

I thought it funny to read the watching girls fanny header, it suggested, you were referring to someone else ;-) you are not interested in girls now, are you, not in the way, this line will make your readers think?