Tuesday, July 13, 2010

CERE’S SOCKS

These socks are Cere, my vet. She has the same size feet as I. The yarn is my own Knitman’s Kitchen, SW Blue Face Leicester / nylon, 400m / 100g. My last of this mix. The design is my own. I used The Andersson Construction Method with the revised Mach II heel. This is the second pair in which I have used the 1 x1 gusset, with a modification on the first time. I much prefer this.CERE'S SOCKS130710 CERE'S SOCKS130710 (4) CERE'S SOCKS130710 (3) CERE'S SOCKS130710 (2)

Click on pictures for a larger view.

I knitted them using 2mm ADDI Lace circulars. The pattern was made up as I went along and is in my head and therefore not available. I may one day figure out how to download from my brain to a pc/iMac!

9 comments:

Lia Nord said...

Pretty socks, Colin! I like how the colors actually emphasize the V-type pattern, rather than distract from it.

joannamauselina said...

Very nice! Your vet is lucky!
When I was married, my husband and I had he same size feet.

Nonna' knitting said...

Colin
As always just amazing!!!! As far as pattern, have you ever thought of keeping a small taperecorder and dictating as you do and then going back and writing the pattern? You have a enough innovative patterns and techniques have you thought of doing a book? I'd be the first in line to buy!!

janalee said...

Lovely socks- yarn and pattern both!
When you figure out how to download your brain, will you let me know? I need that service, too :)

Mary Ann Stephens said...

They're lovely, Colin! I really like your innovative gusset; it seems to hug the arch nicely, without overdoing it. Bravo...again!

Dianne said...

Delightful colour and pattern. And I'm another who would buy a sock pattern book from you if you were to write one!

Unknown said...

Translation of Marlie's comment:
hello, oh those socks are really super beautiful. I really like the colour and the pattern. Warm greetings from Marlies..

Bonny said...

Hi Colin,

I have to agree with others about the book idea. You have so many talents that cry out for wider rcognition. Something unique would be to combine your patterns with some of your favourite dyeing recipes and techniques.

Love reading your Blog, but I don't always leave comments.

Greetings from Canada's west coast!

Bonny

anachronist said...

The v shapes look like travelling cables on a stockinette background with a p2 middle ridge, and I love the colour combo, and how the patterning goes to a sort of arrow head sideways on the gusset portion.

I love the ribbed gusset version and am oficially asking, if I can try to reverse engineer what I see, and if I succeed, share it with you?