Tuesday, May 04, 2010

RIBBIT RIBBIT

I am pleased with this. I used a 1x1 to increase for the gusset. I like the way it fits very much. I did my usual Andersson Toe Up Method with the Andersson heel Mach II. I used an Addi Lace 2mm circular needle, two, and knitted both socks simultaneously on their own needle. Ribbit Ribbit 107Ribbit Ribbit 108 Ribbit Ribbit 111 Ribbit Ribbit Heels 109 Ribbit Ribbit Heels 110

These were knitted using Knitman’s Kitchen hand dyed yarn. The yarn, now all gone, is 60% sw wool, 20% silk and 20% bamboo.

3 comments:

anachronist said...

When I read ribbit, ribbit, I thought you had a mishap with a sock, since it is a onomatopoeia on ripping out your knitwork.

It isnt, I am glad and it looks great with the added on elasticity on the gusset.

Great socks.

LizzieK8 said...

I never noticed you use a gusset for your toe ups....I never do. One of the benefits for me, among many, for doing toe up.

Do love those gussets, though. Just carried the ribbing pattern from the instep down the gussets?

Unknown said...

Nice socks, bur I LOVE the yarn.