Monday, March 01, 2010

Impressed

I saw her interviewed and I thought she was a well put together young woman with confidence in herself and a kind nature. I heard her sing and I thought I would like it.

I went out and bought the debut album ‘DO YOU WANT THE TRUTH OR SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL’ by Paloma Faith.

I am glad I did.

In the interview she was asked what she thought about being compared to Amy Winehouse. Her response was humble and gracious yet she could easily and rightly have been insulted as she is nothing like her! Oh, don’t misunderstand I like her too and have both her albums, but really there is nothing alike about these two women.

Critics can be real a*holes. I have always thought it was a complete non-job. I buy what I like and don’t give a monkey’s what you or anyone else likes.

Just because I like her doesn't mean you will.

2 comments:

Penelope Grey said...

Oh I love Poloma Faith Colin. I heard her sing just once on Jools Holland and I was convinced. She has an amazing voice, excellent lyrics and I love her quirky dress sense. The album is brilliant. Its quite funny Colin, we seem to have a similar broad taste in music.

Iris said...

Critics really can be horses' arses, can't they? It's like "fans" at a sporting event: I can't do it, but I sure can tell YOU how to do it.