Sunday, January 17, 2010

IN KNITMAN’S KITCHEN

Yesterday I tried my hand at pastels. My first attempt did not produce pastels. I learned from that that when I using full strength colours, I am using far too much dye! Explains the run off. My second attempt, using the same dyes produced me what I wanted. I can go paler too and know how to now. I like both hanks very much. Experimenting is fun.

I keep getting invitations to join Facebook so I finally did. I am not sure how comfortable I am with it. I found it very disturbing that they had a list of people I might know that included my two brothers. I panicked and tried to figure out how to get out of Facebook altogether. Then I didn’t and just thought oh well. I still am not sure about it at all and ,may well be deleting myself from it.

We may be going to see Sherlock Holmes shortly. Part was filmed in John’s building (many films are) and he knows Guy Ritchie having met and talked with him a few times.

Luque is being a real pain about Edna. She is no longer in season. She attacks him but it doesn't stop him being a right twat either by howling or trying to jump her. He hasn’t done this before so I don’t really know why he is behaving this way now.

I find I talk to the dogs a lot. Conversationally that is. I know they don’t understand a word but actually…yesterday I had forgotten to close the stair gate and Carly, Whitney, Bridget came upstairs and were rummaging my wool room. I was talking to myself/them. I said in a normal speaking voice’ what are you lot doing twatting about up here? You know my wool rooms are out of bounds.’ and they all looked at me and went back downstairs. If I had said ‘down’ I’d know that was why they went back down. I didn’t.

I was disappointed yesterday to not be able to go to Pannini’s for lunch. It p’d down all day.

I will blog more photograph’s of my yarns later. Oh and i started a group on Ravelry called KNITMAN’S KITCHEN where I will also showcase my yarns.

7 comments:

anachronist said...

You can always, IF your brothers want to befriend you not answer the request and keep your profile and pin board private, viewable only by friends.

you can look for me and what can be seen if you are not in my frieds my logon there is my full first and last name.

YOu just need to make sure, that friends who post on your pinboard do so in a non-saying kind of way, neither reveiling where you live, nor whsat you exactly do.
If some of them or their friends read their pin boards, they might see messages from you, too, so just be caustious what exactly you write and all should be well :-)

Where are the pictures of the pastels?
I would like to see them :-)

The Second Half said...

Hi, I'm on Facebook and like you, wondered if I'd done the right thing. Well, 18 months later, I'm still there and still very well "hidden".
If you are concerned about who will see what, play with the privacy settings and make sure they are set so only people you decide are your friends can see all your pages, and photo albums and so on ! :-)
Occasionally I get an invitation from someone I've never heard of asking to be added to my friends list, but I will say no if I have no idea who they are. I'll also tick the option that comes up then that asks that this person can never find me again.
Also, put a noncommittal photo up as your Profile pic, and keep the people you don't want to have as friends guessing if they have found the right Colin.
I have to do this as I have a very unusual last name, and so far, I'm about the only one of me on Facebook if I search for my name, but I'm glad to have it as get to see funny things from my nephew and niece who live at the other end of Australia, and my brother's using it to share his travel pictures so my Facebook is a very private little place!
Cheers
Dianne

Lol said...

Facebook confuses the hell out of me. There just seems to be a deluge of crap and plus there seems to be a data collecting that I was not too comfortable about so I was on it for a couple of days then switched everything off.

We loved Sherlock Holmes. Totally unlike my beloved Jeremy Brett series but brilliant all the same.

Yarnhog said...

I tried to find your group but it's not coming up. You might want to double check to make sure it's there.

Picnicfan said...

You have to be very careful with the privacy settings on Facebook and don't add anyone you don't think you could trust. It's also important to be careful about what you write there as nothing is ever deleted. I first joined two years ago, but soon deleted my account - at least that's what I though! When a friend sent me an invitation a few weeks ago, I decided to reactivate my account and everything was still there - not that I'd written much at all.

We saw the Sherlock Holmes film on Friday and it was not what we were expecting. Far too much violence etc. I prefer the old Sherlock Holmes films!

Geri said...

You can always 'block' people from your profile on Facebook. In Facebook, go to Settings/Privacy Settings/Block list. People you have blocked will not be able to interact with you on Facebook at all. It might not prevent all communication or interaction in all applications.

Tallguy said...

Facebook can be a very scary thing, so I would avoid it like the plague! Too dangerous for people to use. As they say, nothing is ever deleted on the net, even on your blog, so one has to be very careful what one says, should it ever come back to bite you. Just my opinion, of course. ymmv