Sunday, January 24, 2010

DOMESTICITY

Today I have arisen well. Not enough pain or stiffness that i needed help nor a big whack of drugs, just a small one.

Will be doing exciting things like clearing up dog poo, going to the tip to dump stuff we should have dumped a long time ago.

We are giving my first wheelchair, a manual that I can’t control myself, to the Cancer Charity shop. We will keep the manual I can control myself as a back up in case Daniel breaks down.

I intend to dye some yarn up today. I will be putting up two solids as well, a purple Baby Alpaca and a reddish merino/cashmere/nylon.

I will have to leave here about 5pm as I have a talk and demonstration of mediumship to give.

I bought a new Logitech wireless mouse yesterday at Tesco. It works much better than the one that came with my HP Pavillion machine. I have used HP machines for 10 years and have always found them solid and reliable. Just the wireless mouse on this machine has been temperamental.

Did I mention that I have found a milliner who will be making me a lilac Trilby? I have not found one anywhere on my travels nor by trawling the net so I am pleased I found this woman to make it for me.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Sounds like you have a full day planned. Here it's all about football and chicken wings with a houseful of boys. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Colin!

Indigo said...

Indigo Incarnates

I only ever had one bad HP computer (it burned out three weeks after the warranty expired.) I just got a new computer this weekend (which is, of course, how I'm blogging here now.) But it sucked being without a real computer for several months (my posts had originated from my cell phone).

I think it's great that you donated a wheelchair to charity. I imagine that charitable donations have really hit rock bottom in an economy with more than 10% unemployment. Thanks a lot, BUSH!!!!

I hope you have a nice weekend :)