Friday, December 04, 2009

RATA TAT TAT

I bought some knitting books from Amazon. I have Alice Starmore's Fair Isle knitting, Traditional Scandinavian Knitting by Sheila McGregor, Knitting The Perfect Pair by Dorothy Ratigan. I like all of these.

I also bought Nancy Bush's Knitting On The Road. This is okay. Annoyingly, the photographs don't show the patterns that well, especially on one sock which has most of the design on the front, so the photograph shows the side!

Norwegian Handknits: Heirloom Designs From the Vesterheim Musuem. I am seriously pissed off with this book. I would go as far as to say the book has been misrepresented. It's rubbish, as far as I am concerned. I expected it to be full of Norwegian type sweaters and maybe some shawls. It is mainly cheap and cheesy headbands, caps, and other tat you can get anywhere and is hardly traditional Norwegian nor Heirloom!!!!

John has buggered off to Paris for work. Will be home Sunday and Monday. I hate it when he goes away at short notice and also when it cuts into my weekend. I look forward to seeing him.I also look forward to being able to go out properly. I guess I shall be doing a lot of knitting.

I have been itching to dye some more yarn but I shan't until I have finished the 3 pairs of socks still OTN. When I do, I think I shall offer it up and see what happens.

It's just as well I am not doing the show tomorrow. I couldn't believe how painful my swim was today and it didn't go once I stopped. I have popped a morphine and just waiting now for it to work.

No comments: