Sunday, December 20, 2009

MORE HOME DYES

Apart from Hissy Fit which is 75/25 wool / nylon, the others are all 100% Baby Alpaca.

All were dyed using conventional dyes except for Rhubarb which is Kool Aid.

I am not going to make a habit of dyeing in single colours. I will probably have a go at dyeing the three solids again as there are lighter shades and almost non-dyed bits.
I just had more dye arrive today. It was supposed to arrive Friday but due to the weather didn't. I was so surprised to see Kerry from ParcelForce at my door this morning.




7 comments:

Susan said...

It is addictive isn't it? I have dyed with 6 colours of kool aid. See the mittens on Ravelry.
I use cereal bowls set in a circle and then dropthe wet hank down pressing sections into each bowl with a spoon. I use about 6 packets to half a cup of boiling water for vibrant colours.

Annick said...

I like very much Bobby blue and Cristal Palace. Very nice.

Annick said...

Sorry, I meant Purple Crystal !!!

mary ann said...

I love, love, love "coal miner's daughter"!

fairy godmother said...

Nice job! :-)

Yarnhog said...

Oh, I particularly like Coal Miner's Daughter.

Knitting-twitter said...

and I love them all... super colors.. ciao ciao Christa