Tuesday, December 15, 2009

HIDDEN TIGER AND OTHER YARNS


Carly got hold of this. I told her that I don't care if she is a dog, stealing my yarn is a capital offence. She just wagged her tail and tried to lick me. No one takes me seriously!
The yarn is wool/bamboo/silk, 70/15/15. I used regular dye for it.








These socks are dyed using Food Colouring. I wasn't happy with the first attempt so did the second half of the hank differently. Now I prefer the one I did first! I have shown the gussets on these. I knitted the gusset in purl sts so that the shape of them is clearly visible. You can see I start the gusset abotu half way along my foot because that is where it begins to rise. I used 2mm needles, over 84 sts using my Andersson Construction Method.
The yarn is 75/25 wool/nylon.
Expression is the same yarn but using regular dye.

Heat is 80% Merino, 10% cashmere 10% nylon. Regular dye. Not the colour I was aiming for. I learned that as I was dyeing the whole hank one colour, I needed more dye and I had run out of one of the combo's so my coral had to go to this cos I had no yellow left.

Jewel is wool/bamboo/silk again using regular dye.
75% wool 25% nylon, using regular dye.

Sea Wool/bamboo/silk again using regular dyes. The base colour was meant to be Turquoise but the manufactures idea of Turquoise and mine are different! I added yellow to get this. The dye is deeper in parts than others and an effect I wanted but not so sure I can guarantee to repeat!

7 comments:

Yarnhog said...

I have come home to shredded yarn repeatedly in the past few weeks. My husband tells me to put it away, but all the closets are already full! I love the solid colors.

Bo... said...

Wonderful socks! And I ADORE the Lollipop colorway!

Amy Kuczewski said...

Ooh. Borneo is nice, a lot.

Happy birthday tomorrow, Colin!

Reba said...

Colin - You have been having way too much fun! :) Great color combinations!
And Happy Birthday to YOU!!

Ginger said...

I love the colors, admire your knitting yada yada yada, but I'm here to say your photos are absolutely excellent! I could count the stitches in your gusset. I'm so f'n impressed. What camera do you have?

Annick said...

Nice yarn and colors Colin. Well, it seems that Carly has been quite nice with your wool. Did you see what Elliot did to mine !

anachronist said...

I love the hidden tiger with black a lot, will you tell me yes or no if I guesses right what you did, so I can do something like it in oranges, creams and blacks so it looks tiger coloured?
This would be perfect for the cat in the jungle lace pattern I have worked out for a sock cuff almost two years ago.

So you did the variegating colours first and then overdyed a more than half part of the skein with black?
How long does the skein have to be for it? and on how many stitches was the sock done? or did you say somewhere and my memory fails?