Friday, December 04, 2009

EVEN LESS LOGIC

This is exactly how a lot of people feel towards homosexuals so by your own definition they are not bigots. (excerpt from a person lacking integrity who left a comment on previous post. Anonymous posting such as this is rather like the old fashioned 'poison pen' letter and just as spineless.)

What homosexuals do, as you put it, is none of your business. It is neither harmful to the individual nor to the population at large. Homosexuals ARE. We are not made, we don't get to decide and we certainly don't have to plead our case to be treated with the same respect afforded others. We do, unfortunately, have to defend ourselves far too often from the cruelty espoused by the so called 'religious' who don't even have the courage to blame themselves for their own bigotry but rather put the blame solely on the God they made up! They blame their hatred, because that is what it is, upon words written which only THEY have decided upon the interpretation of. They are responsible for the deaths of millions of us. Whilst the government here may no longer sanction our being put to death, other governments do, even today. And those who espouse a belief in an ideology that condemns homosexuality have blood on their hands but they are too stupid or dishonest or afraid to admit it. Such people, are responsible for each death that results from such a belief, whether or not they pulled the trigger.They provide the ammunition. The ideology they base the excuse for their own bigotry upon, also calls for us to be out to death. They can't believe one without the other though they rarely mention the other lest it shows them in a bad light!

As for what we DO don't think about it!(and I am sure what you think is very different from reality anyway!) If I think of what men and women 'do' it makes me feel queasy, so I don't think about it and I certainly don't think they ought not be allowed and hounded for life because of my inadequacy.

10 comments:

Elaine said...

In my world - my God made all beings, two legged and four legged, and loves all his children equally. Unconditionally.

Elaine

Georgina said...

Go Colin - you are such a sound thinker.
Sorry I haven't commented lately. I spent some time catching up yesterday. Blimey you have had a lot on your plate. I am so happy that you and John have come through - me and mine have been together over thirty years and it has definitely been a bumpy ride, but worth the hanging on as we are now in a peaceful place together. I for one cannot wait to see what you will wear as I know it will be both dapper and astonishing. Best wishes to you both.XX

Anonymous said...

To inform your correspondent...

Well, I don't know about other homosexuals but what I do is get up in the morning, check my blood glucose, take my pills and give my dog her medication. After I've read my emails and had a look over the Guardian website (and checked Facebook Scrabble to see how badly I'm losing)B'Elana (my dog) and I go for our little walk. She has arthritis, so it has to be a little walk as she's only just had her medication but still needs to poo (and yes, I always have some poo bags in my back pocket).

Once home I cast an eye around the living room and decide that housework can wait for another day. There are things to be made from yarn! I'll pop into the living room from time to time to check on Scrabble and reassure B'Elana that I haven't left home.

Around two o'clock B'Elana and I have our exercise walk. A little further this time and I encourage B'Elana to enjoy herself. When she starts to tire, we head for home, this time with B'Elana on the leash so she gets some steady exercise.

If it's a cooking day I prepare up to seven or eight servings (one to eat today, the rest to freeze for later) of something or other from fresh ingredients (no ready meals here!). Otherwise I take something out of the freezer to defrost and maybe read for a while.

Once a week I cook a meal to take up the road to eat with friends: they have a dining table but also a young child and babysitters are rare, so it's easier for me to carry the meal up to them than for them to come eat at my place.

After tea, I watch a little TV, or more likely spend time on the PC. I do a lot of abstract art. And every now and then I write messages like this for the benefit of people who are obsessed with what homosexuals DO...

Night-time pills, B'Elana out in the garden for her last chance to wee and then off to bed, without a single frightened horse in sight. What is it with some people?

Unknown said...

Thank you Steve, that really made me laugh! Elaine and Georgina, thanks.

Iris said...

It is a known psychological fact (and this statement comes from a psychologist who treats sex offenders and assists with socio-sexual issues) that those who think MOST about what homosexuals do behind closed doors are very often projecting their own desires or attempting to keep their own propensities in check. Often, the old saying "Methinks thou dost protest too much" can be very accurate.

From my perspective, I don't care if the word "marriage" is used for the union of two members of the same sex or those of different sexes. What's very important is the legal and economic protection of partners who are devoted to each other and desire for both partners to be safe. If people want to call it some kind of "legal partnership" or anything else, go to it. I just think that in countries where there's supposed to be a separation of church and state it is just appalling that those of fundamentalist religious persuasion have such a stranglehold on the rest of us.

I'm an odd bird, I guess. I was raised with little religious training, became a zealous Episcopalian, and have, since, come to the belief that all religions are, at their core, the same. It's the practitioners who make it good or bad. I think I'm spiritual, but I'll be spiritual away from the nuts I've known who want to tell me who is "evil" and who is "good." My experience in these groups tells me that, often, my idea of "good" and "evil" are far different from that of my (former) fellow church goers.

Yarnhog said...

Nice going, Steve!

Colin, you hit the nail on the head: homosexuals ARE. It's not a choice. So the religious bigots should ask themselves: would I rather believe that homosexuals are God's children, too, or would I rather believe that God makes mistakes? Because you can't have it both ways.

FuguesStateKnits said...

You are right on the money, Colin! I am so angry with the pussy-footing around that the Anglican communion (for example) is doing about the soon-to-be genocide of GLBT people in Uganda. What happens when people of good will sit by and do NOTHING! Guess.
Yeah, it stinks! How about telling Uganda - U stink?
How about refusing to do business with countries that discriminate against gays?
How about making them as uncomfortable as they make their citizens?
Hey, it might work!

FuguesStateKnits said...

Of course, I'd have to stop doing business with my own country DOH!!!!

Susie said...

I think your anonymous poster(s) may learn something from this Senator from NY. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCFFxidhcy0&feature=player_embedded The gay marriage bill was voted down last week here in NY. I was so disheartened and angry at my fellow New Yorkers. I saw this and had a little spark of hope and I think next time maybe the outcome will be different.

Susie said...

I think your anonymous poster(s) may learn something from this Senator from NY. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCFFxidhcy0&feature=player_embedded The gay marriage bill was voted down last week here in NY. I was so disheartened and angry at my fellow New Yorkers. I saw this and had a little spark of hope and I think next time maybe the outcome will be different.