Saturday, November 28, 2009

NO FOOL

Grr I hate it when people take me for a fool.

I ordered 5 x 100gm undyed socks yarn. It arrived after a week so I was already not happy. I weighed each hank the second I got it. One of them was only 88g. I wrote and told the seller this was not acceptable to me. I was told that moisture loss would account for the discrepancy!!!!

Bollocks! I measured the short hank and one of the normal ones. The short hank has about 50m missing. I have written and told them so.

Perhaps they thought I was green? Whatever, I shall let you know the result. I have stated I wish it to be replaced with a full 400m hank with the postage to be at their expense.

4 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

What I hate even more is the attempt to justify why the vendor is short changing the customer. Just own up that you've been caught and fix it! Humbug!

Anonymous said...

I have had that happen to me, but with international yarn companies. It seems like such an easy out for them, doesn't it?. What do they do, weight it when it is wet? I have not had that happen yet with my local suppliers. What I order is what I get.

Iris said...

I'd want the same thing you want. Moisture difference is measured in very small amounts - a couple grams. There's no disputing the yardage. Ridiculous! I'd love to know who this is.

Trish is right - the yarn would have to be wet to have that much difference. AND, you can't even get that much differnce in yardage if you weight the newly spun yarn wet vs. dry. You'd only lose a couple of yards.

FuguesStateKnits said...

I think we all should name these companies if we don't get a correction. That way, you will have done a service to others - especially if you have documented it. I find it interesting that they already knew the amount would be under what they promised and did not dispute your numbers at all. That's an admission in my book.
Take care,
Joan