Wednesday, November 11, 2009

DESPERATE HOUSEHUSBAND

You might like to see THIS.

So far we have found out that the tax situation is such that they owe him money, not the other way around. He has been paying too much tax for years. That doesn't mean all is okay, it isn't as bankruptcy papers have been filed, though not yet heard. Our tax expert is acting as fast as possible to stop this going through. Ridiculously, even though the money is not owed, the bankruptcy can still happen because the court will go with the IR. Unfair is not the word. Criminal. Some person sitting in an office somewhere cam up with a fictitious figure and that means we could lose everything for a bill not outstanding because it was never owed. I'd would not have beleived this possible if it were not happening to us.


I am almost finished with Sock 63. I love the colourway on these and the way the colours have distributed.

I also have got to grips with my niddy noddy so will soon be making loads of hanks. Some with my undyed sock yarn for dyeing, others will be cashmeres and silks and yak and other luxury yarns for sale.

I am going to knit a pair of socks using my 4ply pure wool to see how it holds up. I have tonnes of it and lots of colours so if it works, I have a load more sock yarn to add to my sock yarn mountain. I mean stash.

I watched Collateral Damage yesterday with Arnold you know who. Boy, can that man not act! Still, I was in the mood for that type of moronic fast paced film. It satisfied my pent up feelings.

I also began watching series 5 of Desperate Housewives. I feel as though I have missed a whole series because I don't get what has happened. I don't recall the car accident, Lynette's children growing up, Brie's hubby going to prison, the Eva character having children nor her hubby going blind. I feel as though I have stepped into the middle of it and don't know what is going on.

My favourite character is Brie. Yes I know she is awful but I just can't help it. Susan gets on my tits. How irritating she is. Evie is just unpleasant even if one ought to feel compassion for such a self loathing person. Lynnette is probably the one I'd be friends with along, possibly, with Brie, depending on how long I could resist the urge to strangle her.

I am still feeling pretty much okay. The new regime of drugs and the new swimming timetable is working so much better for me. I can tell because I have also started to lose weight again.Instead of exhausting myself by rising at 5am and swimming a mile, I rise at 6.30am get to the pool for 8.20am and swim only breast stroke until I feel I have had enough. It has been painful recently but not so bad. Weirdly, it is my shins and feet that hurt me mostly right now, especially upon walking.

4 comments:

Yarnhog said...

I like to watch Arnold with the sound off--whether it's an old action movie or the state government.

Iris said...

Jiminy Christmas you and John are in a pickle. It's unbelievable they won't stop the whole thing, now that it's shown that no money is owed. Every day, I learn to distrust and dislike governments more.

Debby said...

Re Desperate Housewives: One season ended with a tornado on Wisteria Lane. I think Carlos went blind from being hit by something?

The show jumped forward 5 years between two seasons; not sure which, but judging from what you say, probably between 4 and 5?

Debby said...

OK, correction. Checked episode list on IMDB. Tornado was in the middle of Season 4, and, yes, Carlos was blinded by injuries from the tornado.

But the 5 year jump forward took place between Season 4 and Season 5. Things like, the car accident, Susan and Mike's divorce, kids being born took place during the "missing" 5 years.