Wednesday, September 23, 2009

SOIMAN

These are knitted using Tofutsies. I used 1.75mm Hiya Hiya circulars. They are toe up using my Andersson Construction Method and Andersson Heel Mach II (revised). I used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Cast (Bind) Off.
The garter pattern is only on the instep and front leg. The rear leg is 3 x3 ribbing.
I like the handle of this yarn. It does split fairly easily when knitting and I have only used this yarn twice but in both balls were knots. I am not likely to use it again merely because the colourways are few. At first glance it appears to be a 4ply yarn but each of the 4 strands is 2 strands twisted together so this is 8 strands making a light fingering weight yarn. Perhaps this is why it splits easily. It is made from Superwash Wool, Soy Silk, Cotton and Chitin, the latter being shrimp and crab shell). I purchased and used this second ball because I do like the handle very much. I knitted on a smaller needle becasue I thought the socks would benefit form a tighter gauge. They do. Tension/gauge 12spi and 15rpi.





3 comments:

kshotz said...

I think I have this exact colorway in my stash! Now you've got me inspired Colin.

Kim

Knitting-twitter said...

.. the socks look very nice Colin... ciao ciao Christa

PBear said...

so how does one do this fantastic looking Andersson method and heel?? Inquiring minds are dying to know, I looooove the heels on your socks and am so tired of my short-row heels always coming up with gaps along them!

All of your socks are gorgeous, Colin!