Monday, August 17, 2009

LIAM

The yarn is a merino and bamboo mix that my friend Lia bought for me from Blue Ridge. It feels wonderful and is easy to knit with. Sadly, it had 3 knots in it's 400yd length.(only 86g)
I used Knit Pro 2mm circular needles, each sock on it's own. I used my Andersson Toe Up Construction Method.
I used the Andersson Heel Mach II (revised).
STUPID OR WHAT?

I took my Ebay sales to the Post Office. All packaged and stamped with online postage. Guess what? Some idiot ha snow decided that such parcels have to be weighed and put on the computer by the post office clerk. Thus defeating the object of online postage. No way I am I going to be doin two lots of work so I will be going back to taking them and letting them do all the waork.

STUPID OR STUPID?

The woman a couple of doors down ha slit a nice big bonfire in her garden. White smoke all over the place. I am coughing, my house and clothing stink. In the more civilised rest of Europe, this is illegal.

BRRR

I went for my swim. I did half my usual, a splanned. The water was cold. It hurt. I have been much more sore since. When I got out of the pool I noted that my togs had a rather large split in them. I went and bought new ones.

KNITTING

I wa sgoing to see if I could compelte one whole sock form start to finish today but have foudn myself too busy! I said I was having rest days today and tomorrow so i could do this but I think there is no such thing as a rest day. On the days I say I do nothing, I do plenty!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

stupid or stupid: I thought this was illegal in the UK unless you were registered as a builders (it is in kent where I live), but then I guess if you light a fire and no one says anything you can get away with it.

I don't agree with the EU thing but we are stuck with it!! the UK has hit bottom and kept going since we became part for the EU. We had two wars to keep England English - now we let everyone tell us what we can & can't do!!


Stupid or what:
And the post office wonders why people don't use them - they are just plain stupid, I mean they went on strike because they said they were fed up with the bosses causing delays in postal services - and going on strike did what? apart from causing more, bigger delays!
they have already said 1000's of post items will never reach their destination as they just can't cope so these will never get delivered.
Go figure!

Nan said...

Those socks are beautiful. Such lovely yarn. I don't suppose you sell the pattern for your heel method anywhere? I'm never 100% satisfied with mine heel knitting efforts.

Carol Ann said...

Hello Colin,
A few days ago, you mentioned that you purchased the Butterfly sock yarn line by ONLine. I googled but could not find it. Do you know where I could see this? Thank you.
Carol Ann

steel breeze said...

Re the PO: if it's non-UK parcels, the proof thing means FA, anyway - I just take em and drop em on the counter and run. Mind, haven't sent anything for a few months, rules could have changed. Stupid, stupid people.

My PO nearest work is always rammed at dinnertime, oftentimes with rude old ladies who have all day to do their mail. The next nearest has a rude staff member who ignored me for ten minutes when there was nobody else in there. No wonder they struggle!

Linda C. said...

Socks are lovely, as usual. How did Whitney do at her most recent show?
And, as to the Healthcare proposal of Obama, one of the things that has people up in arms is at a set age, a government bean counter would make the choice whether you are eligible for treatment or not. So, with your health issues, that bean counter might decide that you are no longer worthy to live. Why go to a doctor at all . . . let's just line up for a non-medical person to say "live" or "die"! That's one of the issues in the present bill! As you can understand, most Americans don't want the government making those decisions for them. Look what a success they've made of the post office!

Gleanne Marie said...

Colin, darling! I LOVE your socks!!! You are such an inspiration to me! (I lurk over on Traditional Knitting) Thanks so much for always bringin' the sunshine! :)

Knitnik said...

Colin - what stitch pattern did you use for these gorgeous socks? It almost looks like a "purl when ready" - I definitely see some purl stitches in there, but can't tell from the pic how you did it.