Tuesday, July 07, 2009

THE LOVE'S STILL GROWING

ANNIVERSARY

Twenty eight years ago today, John and I met. It was also a Tuesday. We have not been apart since. It was one of those 'our eyes met across a crowded room' things, a real case of love at first sight. It must have been because twenty eight years later, we are still in love.


JUDGING DOGS

To be passed by the Kennel Club to award the highest award available, the Challenge Certificate, is an honour. In so doing , one is being given the responsibility of choosing the dogs that are the closest fit to the Breed Standard and therefore also choosing those dogs one believes to be the best specimens to be used to produce the next generation.

To judge to any other criteria is an insult to oneself, those who have entered and most importantly to the breed. For a judge to give the high awards to friends, to lame dogs, and to judge according to the owner, shows a lack of respect for themselves, for the exhibitors and worst of all, for the breed.

They ought not to be judging. Their placings are worthless and those who won the highest awards are left knowing their dog did not win on merit.

SPOONS

I feel like I have run out of spoons already. I don't feel so hot today. I didn't the latter half of yesterday either. Sort of like I am coming down with something. I have felt this before and it amounted to nothing so hopefully this is not heralding a cold of flu.

EBAY

My destashing is going well. Have more stuff up and still putting new stuff up regularly. Still can't see a dent in my stash yet! Click HERE.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many congratulations to you both..Here's to another 28 years. xx

Susan said...

Congratulations to both of you on achieving what many couples seek and yet fail. May you enjoy many more years together.

Aside: Your "twitter" has become very demanding when I open your web page. I wants me to sign in. (?) I haven't come across this before with other blogs.

Iris said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. I love these annual updates.

Oh, and what do you mean "lost our spoons?"

Knitting-twitter said...

All the best for the next 28 years!!!!!

BammerKT said...

Well you teared me up talking about your anniversary. Congratulations, and here's to 28 more fabulous years!

I hope someday my John and I are saying the same things that your John and you are!

Angela said...

Congratulations to you both !

Indigo said...

Indigo Incarnates

Happy 28th Anniversary. Doug and I have been together 10 years, and it was love at first sight too. :)

Kerry said...

Happy anniversary!!! I wish you many, many more amazing years together!

Yarnhog said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Bo... said...

Congratulations on your anniversary--I'm truly happy for you!!!

On another topic, I was going to tell you that I may ask you a few questions sometimes about checking "pedigrees" of breeds and such. We are facing the demise of our favorite pet, Little Baby, who is elderly and not doing so well. But previously to this, I had asked Brian for a "Ragdoll" cat, but he replied that I couldn't have one till... well... Little Baby is gone. That is a sad thought to me. But when we were talking about it, he asked how in the heck one checks that it would truly be a "Ragdoll" breed. Apparently the breed was invented only in 1987 or some such. And I know NOTHING of checking pet breeding....

Oh erk...I didn't mean to go off on tangent! Tell John I am happy for you both!!!!

FuguesStateKnits said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
and many many more!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulation to both you and John.

Macy from Buffalo, NY said...

I was just @ a 50th anniv. party, & just amazed by all that this couple had gone thru together. I bet @ 28 yrs, you & John have your list too! Mart & I are @ 13 yrs next month. Congratulations on your anniversary! It says a lot about your strength, your faithfulness, your ability to trust & be trusted, & also to reach out in love & know also that you are loved. May you keep on enjoying life with each other!