Friday, July 03, 2009

BEWARE MIXED FIBRES

Well, the woman who I was having the difficulty with didn't respond to Ebay nor did she pay up, so Ebay asked me to act which I did by closing the case, getting my fees back and they receiving 3 unpaid item strikes. Weird choice. I will not be surprised if I receive negative feedback now. If I do, I cannot do likewise because sellers have effectively been castrated by Ebay. We are not able to leave anything other than positive feedback, which is ludicrous.

It is very humid today and we have had two periods of very heavy rain so far. Reminds me of the Monsoon in Singapore when I was a boy. Still no sunshine though.

Whitney is ready and so are James and Bridget. It is their first show. I am not sure about taking them as I don't feel entirely confident as to their readiness. I guess I'll know what to do when I awake at 3am to go.

I felt much better today and I swam my usual laps. It made all the difference getting a good sleep last night. I forget how much disturbed sleep does me in. Trouble is, it's the nature of the beast that it disturbs my sleep. At least I don't often have night terrors now and when I do, I don't freak cos I understand the cause and it soon passes.

Does anyone really believe that some God in the sky made this planet (and presumably the universe) and us in 7 days? Does anyone really believe there was nothing and then suddenly that nothing BANGED and, Bob's your uncle, here we are? Does anyone truly believe that when we are dead we are dead. End of. Fini. Finito. Non existent? Does anyone truly believe that when we die we only appear to die and we in fact continue to exist elsewhere?

These things puzzle me. They are all impossible to believe. I am sure the answer is out there and if I find it, and understand it, by tea time, I shall let you all know.

Oh, please don't take this this as carte blanch for all you religionists and scientists to bombard me with the answer. I have heard all of them and still find it bollocks.
How can anyone believe that one will enter Hell for wearing polycotton? (polyester trousers, yes, str8 to Hell.)I was amusing myself earlier, yes AMUSING myself, pay attention, by the thought that people like Bush and other fundies can stand there with a str8 face and say they believe the bible literally. Really how can anyone other than a 3 year old believe that a man lived inside a whale? How can anyone other than a seriously deranged perv believe that we all descend from a man and woman who only gave birth to two sons? GOD HATES POLYCOTTON!! Get your placards out. The world needs to know and be saved from this abominable sin. I shudder at the committing of this grave sin. (The other one makes me shudder too but for entirely different reasons.....)

Lets look at the sensible side of this. The LOGICAL side of this. The no brainer, that anyone with half a brain cell knows is true. There was NOTHING. At least that is what I was always told in Science. Now we know that isn't true because there was HYDROGEN. So, okay there wasn't nothing, there was this thing we call hydrogen. Well, there was a Big Bang ( Eve with IBS when she ate the damn apple), and the hydrogen produced some helium and here I am with a squeaky voice. Simple right? No need to invent a God to have started it all. Why, that only presents a whole other conundrum, does it not? HOW did God get there? WHAT or WHO caused God? A greater God? Are we all children of a lesser God after all?

Oh, but hang on a minute. If presenting the idea of God as explanation only confuses the issue because that God would have to have had a cause, then why cannot the same be said of the idea that there was NOTHING and then NOTHING became HYDROGEN which BANGED. WHAT CAUSED THE F'ING BANG?(oh we don't know, say the scientists, we just know it wasn't God....)

See? Same conundrum.

They are ALL talking bollocks. DAWKINS, THE POPE, MR GRAHAM, EINSTEIN. NONE of them KNOW and neither do you! OOOH er Mrs. How about that. Imagine not knowing the answer. Scary isn't it? So we come up with something, anything it seems, call it the TRUTH and condemn those who don't toe the line. We could base our whole world structure on it. Indeed we could. We could even wonder why there is so much pain and suffering. Oh why oh why will people just not believe? If they did, the pain and suffering would stop. Only if you believe what I say of course. If you don't, well you get what you deserve, not just here but for eternity. After all, we can't let anyone think that death is the end of fear can we? Oh no. Death is when you really get what's coming to you for having the audacity to disbelieve me.

Well, enough of ranting for one day. Craziness is so tiring. I am off to commit another abomination....eat some shell fish, or maybe some dead pig. (Yes I know just what you were thinking.)

In the end, I just hope I am not presented with 70 virgins when I die. Heaven help me.

8 comments:

Iris said...

I love your logic and I love your last line. Of course, the virgins COULD be virgin young men with six-pack abs and a total willingness to please. If it's Heaven, it's OK, you know. I am just so amused by all this.

Julie said...

Interesting post. There have been times I wondered of existance of God. I guess overall you have to have faith that a greater power exists that we may never understand.

anachronist said...

You know of the omega point?
another attempt at explanation.
Today we were talking about how some religious beliefs do not have anything to do with spiritua growth and perception of reality.
maybe you want to read the random bits here: http://t3x.org/
some interesting viewpoints :-)
Your summaries always make me smile and think, too.
Especially 'bollocks' which I still dont know how to pronounce right.

LizzieK8 said...

Thanks for the belly laugh! I agree with Iris...and it's what I want, too. Virgins with six packs and willingness!

You are right we don't know and not knowing can be very scary. That's why we invented faith.... A circle within an a circle. Always fun to ponder.

Yarnhog said...

That one had me laughing out loud!

My father was raised Muslim. My mother was raised Catholic. My husband was raised Jewish. They're all good people. I don't worry much about religion (except in terms of the tragedy and conflict it creates in the world). I figure, if I'm lucky, I'll know the truth after I die, and if not...well, I won't know that I don't know.

FuguesStateKnits said...

Virgin schmirgin - I want someone with EXPERIENCE!!!
;)

Julie in San Diego said...

Hi, Colin,
Yes there are lots of people who believe these crazy things. So what? We do not need to concern ourselves about them. Let 'em believe it. We know better.
Julie in San Diego

Margie said...

About the sexual orientation bigotry. I believe that, in the US, at least, that it is based on fear. These people believe that in the absence of a God of Retribution, that all their men will turn to other men and they will die out for lack of reproduction. It is perhaps a valid fear, considering how many of their male leaders have been arrested for sex in public bathrooms and other places with men. I'm guessing that there are many gay men in the religious right and they are terrified of following their natural, "God-given" orientation.
Homosexuality and bisexuality are common in the animal kingdom. If, as according to their beliefs that God created the earth, then God also created different sexual orientations. You can't have "creationism", without acceptance of ALL of "God's creation", which includes different sexual orientations. If God is perfect and God has created homosexuality in the animal kingdom, then homosexuality and lesbianism are just as "perfect" as heterosexuality.

My beautiful, lesbian daughter has been with her partner since she was 16. She has never been with a man and has no desire to do so. They both want children and I expect they will be wonderful parents. (And with two women, it doubles my chances of being a grandmother, hehe!)

I believe that it is best for children to be born to married parents, because common law issues vary so much from state to state and the lines of inheritance and custody are much more uniform with marriage. Also, if a couple cannot truly commit to each other, being parents together would be terribly difficult.

I very much want my daughter to be able to marry the woman of her choice and have that marriage recognized by all 50 states. I am married to a man and WHETHER OR NOT OTHERS MARRY CROSS-GENDER OR SAME GENDER HAS NO EFFECT ON MY MARRIAGE.

Sorry that this post is so long. The subject hits a raw nerve with me!