Friday, February 27, 2009

IN THE BAG

SUPERMARKET

I am soon to pick John up from the station. He will have a surprise as we will not be going to the supermarket. We usually do and we get home at about 8.30pm and then it is an hour later before he eats. I got my neighbour's son, Michael, to go with me last night. I did a big shop.

PUPPY

James is taking after his grandfather who tried to mate Tilly the Dachshund when she was in season and he was just 6 week old. James is 8.5 weeks and has been trying to mate Whitney!
The litter is booked in to have their first vaccinations on Sunday morning.

ME

I have done some knitting, some washing of my clothes. Almost done with sleeve number one on my garter carriage sweater. Will probably sew it in tonight as well. Am feeling physically better than this morning. Will probably go swimming tomorrow. I have been wondering if it would be better to cut the swimming down to half an hour and do it daily or stick with what seems to be the new routine and do my usual hour and just every other day?

I had a pork chop, lambs kidney, lambs liver and steamed sprouts for dinner. I had a chicken salad for lunch. I have this titanium frying pan which requires little or no oil in it to cook well.

DVD

I watched 27 Dresses this week. I quite liked it. I am partial to RomComs. The woman who starred in it is her out of Grey's Anatomy. Very pretty she is too.

I also saw The MIST, directed by the guy who did The Shawshank Redemption. This too was a Stephen King story. It had an awful ending, wish I hadn't watched it.

Another Gay Movie- very rude, silly and a waste of time.

CLOTHES

I have fallen for those beautiful jackets that Asian men wear as part of a Jodhpuri suit. I am going to see if I can get a jacket only from an Asian men's shop in Peterborough or London. You can see one here: Jacket.
I only like the Nehru collared ones.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! I also like the Nehru ones better.

Anonymous said...

I'll see your Jodhpuri suit jacket and raise you a Sherwani woman's jacket by Armani, (from the Spring 2008 line)
http://thestitchery.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=244

I agree! This is a beautiful jacket style.

LizzieK8 said...

The jackets are great and the model isn't so bad, either!

DVDs: I watched August Rush yesterday. It was really good. Thought the ending could be better, but it wasn't as bad as some endings are these days. Like they just decided to quit filming....

I agree about The Mist. Loved it till the end. Stephen King's stuff just has a hard time, for the most part, being made into movies. I don't read his stuff, so don't know if the books end stupid, too.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm - are you 40 years behind the times? Or are Nehru jackets about to make a comeback (it would seem about the right amount of time has passed since they were last popular) & you are very fashion forward?

DJ said...

Now Colin, does John know you are
ogling those 'jackets'? LOL Just
kidding. They and the models are
very handsome. I loved those things about a hundred years ago when I was a young girl and they were popular. LOL You are the dapper one, for sure.
Big Hugs,
DJ in SW MI, USA