Tuesday, February 10, 2009

STANLEY

I used a 2/8 (4ply , fingering weight, 400m to 100gm) pure wool yarn. I knitted it on the Silver reed 830 fine gauge machine. The tension dial was 7 and 1 dot and the gauge was 35 st and 48 rws per 10cm (4" ). The pink stripe came about because I used the pink for scrap top and bottom when doigng the swatch and realised it went well with this green.
2x2 rib for neckband, joined on machine.

Set in sleeves. The whole sweater was sewn together using mattress sticth.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy colors. Odd, isn't it, how sometimes we find great color combinations by surprise?

BammerKT said...

where's the Love button to push? That sweater is gorgeous.

I really do need to take finishing lessons from you. Um and knitting machine lessons too apparently. There's been a partially finished sock hanging on my machine for at least a month :S.

joannamauselina said...

It is beautiful. You have a remarkable sense of color.

PamelaWest said...

Love the colours Colin.

I too need lessons in finishing - mine are nowhere near as good as yours

knitwych said...

Colin, this is beautiful! I wish I lived close to you. I'd try to set up a barter with you - sweater lessons for bars of my handmade soap. :-)

Monique said...

Thank you for your comment on my sweater. I see you have reason to be proud as well. Your projects are very well done!