Monday, November 03, 2008

US ELECTION

Just a quickie as I am about to retire for the night.

I was speaking with John about tomorrow's election and I was saying how I am really invested in the outcome of this in a way I have never been about who is PM here. He agreed and said that it was more important because the President of the USA affects us all and more so than our own leader.


Whilst I know that my joy would mean the disappointment of others, I do hope very much to be feeling good about the USA people's choice. I hope fear of difference, in this case colour, doesn't hold sway. I hope the vote can be done honestly and without fear.

5 comments:

FuguesStateKnits said...

Oh Colin - your mouth to God(ess)'s ears!
I'm planning on being up very early to get my vote in!
Pray for us, please and if you don't, please send us some good vibes!
Joan

Yarnhog said...

Amen, brother.

I wish I felt confident that the will of the people would prevail, but the last two elections have left me gravely doubtful about the honesty and integrity of the U.S. electoral process. Here's hoping.

Anonymous said...

I sincerely hope that We, the People will prevail this time around. It would be a wonderful thing to change the prevailing attitudes in this country from "Be Afraid" to "YES WE CAN!"

I'll be casting my vote in just a short while.

Here's hoping...

Anonymous said...

Based on what I saw at the poles this morning (at least double what we had the last 2 elections) I think that change is coming. I just hope it is not too late at this point. And I hope that the call for change actually brings some change - not just a lot of talk.

Kathy Barton
Maryland, USA

Anonymous said...

The three adults in our house have all cast our votes for Obama. Fingers crossed!