Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Was Run Over By A Bus

I wasn't but that is just how I feel today. I don't recall the last time I felt so bad. Everything hurts. I had a really good day yesterday. Up at 5.30am, went for my swim, bathed a dog, knitted, watched DVD (Miss Austen Regrets), was asleep by 11am. I awoke first at 1 am for a pee, felt fine, awoke again at 5 and knew I would not be going to early swimming. I then slept fitfully, trying to get comfortable. I got the horseshoe shaped pillow stacked up, laid back on that, which helps. However, it wasn't just that weird ribcage pain, but my hips, my feet, my hands, my everything. (Do I hear a song coming on?)

So I shall probably go to a later session swim or not at all. We'll see. Grrrr. I really don't mind the physical stuff, I just hate it when it stops me doing as I please. I have dogs to bath so I sent some Tramadol and paracetamol down the hatch and once they kick in, I'll bath Micah.

You now, recently I have felt so much better that I had begun to think it was over. That I was cured. Fool.

I am still wearing my Odd Ball socks, the second day. How decadent of me. I like them so much I think I am about to cast on another pair. Or maybe I'll dive str8 into the new Regia Kaffe Fassett ones.

I am almost 100% certain that Shameless is up the duff. She has gone off her food, has that really gormless look on her face, is being lovey dovey to me, and I can feel chick pea sized lumps where as yesterday they were pea sized. They will be marble sized by Friday and then I will know for certain. Oh, I can be certain now but I don't like to be until I feel marble sized balls.

I am looking forward to this litter. I have really gone out on a limb with my choice of sire. He is the best dog I have ever had my hand son, everything in the right place. Yet he is from a line of close breeding that I would not aim for. I just feel this will work. Time will tell. (Of course I look forward to every litter!)

2 comments:

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

Hi Colin
I am new to your blog. I am learning to knit socks and love to read blogs and meet other knitters and fiber maniacs. Hope you feel better as the day progresses.I have also joined your yahoo group.

fairy godmother said...

I can't wait for the new litter either. Still going through the puppy blues here. :-) I hope you feel better.