Sunday, November 23, 2008

Drat

I got up too late to go to the pool today. I thought i had got up in plenty of time but Sunday swim is at 8am not 9am and I forgot that. I could have been up but I decided to lie in as there was no need ot be up so early. If I had remembered right, the time I originally awoke was the right time to get up.

I went to look at the pool in Wisbech yesterday as the pool I currently attend is closing for a month for December 2nd. I will not go back to the March pool where I had all that bullying. The Wisbech pool is not pleasant, small, and they only have a hoist for getting me out of the pool. I can get in with no trouble-I just fall in, but getting out I cannot do on my own. At the pool I use now, they have special steps and a lifeguard waits for me to get up them and hands me my sticks.

I shall probably not go everyday but will have to go enough to stop me seizing up.

It is -1c at present and blowing snow and ice. The snow won't stay but the cold will.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning Colin,

Was up too late too, my favourite programm starts at 9.oo (classical music on TV). I started reading my mail and went to your blog to see the sweater: beautifully done, just perfect! My compliments.
Then I read your other posts about the swimming ' accident' and the pain you suffer. I can relate to that, feeling much better than I ever was, but 1/2 the time I cannot sleep and/or wake up in pain. Just wanted to say to you that I admire you for going on and doing so many nice things. Especially how you look at the world around you and despite the bullying in the past and present you grow and clearly are a highstanding person. Hope I get my meaning across, being Dutch.
Have a nice day, Wilma