Saturday, November 29, 2008

Back Home

We got back from York yesterday, a day earlier than planned. I awoke Friday morning to find I was not able to move very well and in much pain. Taking my pills didn't help much so after giving them 2 hours to work, the full dose, we came home. I am rather p'd off. I hate being a wimp, I hate that this damned thing stops me doing as I wish. It was hardly as if we did a great deal either. Yes we were out all day both days but did nothing in the way of walking around in the evening. And besides I spent much time in my wheelchair. Thursday night from 5.30pm we went to see Quantum of Solace and then ate in a restaurant and then back to the hotel. Now how is that going to add to my troubles? Yet I awake the following morning barely able to move. Grrr. And all this despite the help John gives me. As usual, he is just there for me, and fits it all around me and my needs. It makes me feel bad at times like this when I have to change our plans after all he has done.

I am no better today. I was hurting even before I got up. Yes, I am feeling really p'd off with this right now. I am fed up of hurting everywhere. I even had another bloody ulcer cos I keep biting at myself inside my mouth. I am not conscious of it, but I chew the inside of my cheeks or lower lip.

Anyway, I am happy to be back with the dogs. They were of course very happy to see us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling a bit better now, Thank you for leaving such kind comments on my blog about my big baby Beans, much appreciated.....

Nan said...

So sorry to hear that you are in such pain. I hope that you are able to find some relief soon. Perhaps being at home will make for a bit more comfort.

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better very soon. And, as far as John goes, that's what love is all about - good for him - good for you.

kshotz said...

Sorry your trip was cut short Colin. I do hope the pain will ease up.

Today we are enveloped in fog that is turning into drizzle and then snow. I can barely raise my arm my shoulder is so stiff. The older I get, the more I realize how the weather affects the way I feel. Not fun.

Kim in IA

ps....I'll bet the dogs were also very happy to see you as well!