Saturday, October 11, 2008

I've Made It!

I'm a bone fide STAR now! How do I know that?

I am getting HATE mail! Only really BIG stars get hate mail. I feel like I won an Oscar. I can feel a speech coming on. Modesty prevents me writing it out.

Of course the senders remain anonymous. Funny how cowardice and hatred and lack of intelligence go together. Don't these poor souls realise that spewing out hatred is like drinking poison and expecting someone else to suffer the consequences?

Still, being considered a big enough star to warrant such attention does my huge ego good so keep them coming. Perhaps I'll even publish them if anyone has the guts to identify themselves.

I must stop now, my halo needs polishing and I have all those adoring fans to satisfy.....

7 comments:

Yarnhog said...

If you're getting hate mail, the stalkers can't be far behind. And you know what they say: you know your career is over when the stalkers go away.

Anonymous said...

Hate mail is so strange because it says so much about the sender and nothing at all about the recipient. You are brave and honourable and I hope you are strong enough to see it all for the mis-directed fear and loss and lack of love (giving and accepting) that it is. I think you are. (and you are brill!)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting that you named your last socks "Starman?"

LizzieK8 said...

Congrats! You know you've made your feelings known succinctly when the hate mail starts. It always amazes me that when someone does a good venting post that those offended act just like the people that the post was written about!

Angela said...

I think what surprises me most about hate mail is that they go to all that effort and it's not even contructive. My granma had one thing to say about people like them "Tell them to go suck an egg!" i think that covers it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin-gissa autograph! x

FuguesStateKnits said...

OK, Colin, now's the time - let's get you a publisher for all those sock patterns.....
FAME! I'm gonna live for eh eh ver
Baby remember my
re mem ba re mem ba re mem ba re mem ba.....