Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dapper Dan's


The Yarn is Paton's Kroy, in the Paintbox colourway. It says it's a 4ply sock yarn yet it only has 187m per 50gm compared to the usual 210m. It is 75% wool 25% nylon. I used a simple garter rib with a 5 stitch repeat, and my Andersson Heel Mach 2. I knitted them with KnitPicks 2.25cm circular needles, using the Magic Loop method. Both knitted simultaneously on their own needles. Knitted toe up and finished with the EZ cast off. The yarn was a kindly gift from a Canadian named Kris.
I am particularly pleased with the heel on this pair. It went smoothly and the rejoin after the heel turn was right first time.I much prefer this type of toe. I cast on 21 sts and increased to 35 on each needle head.

4 comments:

FuguesStateKnits said...

OK, time for my semi annual pitch - you gotta do a book:)
ON socks and sweaters/jumpers, hand and machine-knit.
As only YOU can do this!!!!
Joan
who is still drooling.....

LizzieK8 said...

I agree! A book!

Great socks, great yarn! So inspiring!

unraveledgal said...

Great choice of pattern for the colorway. Are you going to publish the pattern somewhere?

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'll EVER get heels to look at good. For a person with very small hands, they sure get BIG when I'm doing something like that. They're in the way and clumsy.

Beautiful socks!