Friday, April 11, 2008

A Bit Of The Other

I've been busy.

Took Shameless for a successful rendezvous with Yankee. I am taking her again this morning.

I forgot to go for my blood test today. Ruth, the phlebotomist, called and rescheduled.

The new 160gb Ipod is excellent. Like the menu design and feel of it. Not quite reached half way thru my cd collection yet. The Ipod is not without it's foibles. Or maybe I mean Itunes. It sometimes insists on putting tracks from one album together with tracks from another. I have figured out how to sort it out afterwards but not how to stop it in the first place. Oh and I have a gadget, a tape with a lead on it, that allows me to play my Ipod in the car. Super.

Micah is having a special girl visit tomorrow. The Hearing Dogs for deaf People are bringing him a Cockerpoo girl to mate. Did I tell you that me and my dogs are now working with this charity to breed dogs for them? They really like my dogs tempers and 5 of my dogs have been successful as Hearing Dogs so far. Oh, no, I think h 3 have passed and one is for breeding and the other is undecided yet-maybe as a hearing dog or as a breeding girl.

I think this is an excellent charity and it is a great life for my dogs. I am very flattered that approached my about using my lines for developing their own breeding program.

John is off to Brussels for work. Next Sunday, we leave for Brussels for our 4 day break!

I did not swim yesterday as I was too tired. I swam only half a mile on Wednesday and today I swam only 3/4 mile. I think maybe I need to stick to the 3/4 mile so that I have more energy for other things.

I have almost completed another pair of socks and I shall post them up when I have.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

That's a wonderful to work with that charity. I worked with a man who raised "Seeing Eye dogs" in his home before their formal training. I am always so impressed with the unselfish giving animal lovers have for their fellow humans and pets.

Mellie_Blogs said...

I love how your love for your dogs has belssed so many...and is continuing to do so. That is awesome, Colin!

weeziebegin said...

Awesome news on your dogs becoming so active in the hearing dog helper program over there. I had a small male coockerpoo for years and his temperment incredible.He was a small one named Niki as his favorite bed until he outgrew it was Hubby's Niki sneaker. The cookerpoos breed with your dogs should work very well.I'm the woman fron Maine,USA who has the White American Shepard, McCloud as a helper/companion dog now. These service dogs really make a big difference to people who need them. Thanks to folks like you the ones like I am can live a much more productive life.