Monday, March 17, 2008

Food For Thought?

I did a talk and demonstration last night. The evidence received and given was accepted apart from one.

The one that wasn't accepted was this: I described a very frail very old lady who was not in her mind when she died. She was very very tired. She was about 93-94 yrs upon passing. She said she was glad to go because she was the last one, her friends and relatives of the same generation had all gone. She mentioned a family who had had to leave National Service due to ill health and another who left the services due to what we would now call PTSD.

Although the man who stuck his hand up to claim the woman said he recognised her, maybe, he couldn't understand the rest of the message.

I wasn't happy and we agreed to end that communication.

Early this morning my phone rang. It was a person from John's work to tell him that his sister had tried calling because his mother had died. I called John immediately, having just got back from taking him to the train station. His damned mobile was off(that really annoys me). By the time he did call, I had decided just to tell him to call home. He did and his sister told him.

Later when he called me, it dawned on me what may have happened the night before at my dem. So I told all to John. His uncle was invalided out of the service because of PTSD and John's cousin had to forego National Service and leave because of surgery. She was also the last surviving member of her generation. She also was not in her mind on two counts-she had Alzheimer's (happy Alzheimer's thank God)and she was in a coma.

Interestingly, his mother was not dead at the time of my dem but she was in a coma. She had a stroke Saturday evening and did not regain consciousness at all until being pronounced dead early this morning.....

5 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Remarkable, that you got a message for yourself. I love that you blog about this; most people seem to be afraid to discuss such things, and to me, it seems so natural.

picperfic said...

now that is amazing! I do like to read your Blog!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Yarnhog. It's so kind of you to share your experiences with us. I am sad about John's mum. You know, there's really not a thing you can say, right now. He has to grieve in his own way. Just be there for him, is all, and THAT you do.

FuguesStateKnits said...

Wow - Colin - she came to you! Interesting - she was probably so tired and just wanted permission to go and had to say good bye! Please give John my condolences. He was blessed to have his mother as long as he did. I'm so sorry for his loss, tho!
Fondly,
Joan

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin, I am truly sorry to read about John's Mum, like the others have said, all you can do is be there for him. Its interesting she came through to you, but it makes complete sense, she wanted someone to tell John what she had said and who better to tell him than you, he is more likely to believe you as he loves and trusts you.

Be prepared this might be a toughy as you didn't get to grieve properly for your own Mum, there might be some fallout from this for you. Beverley xx