Saturday, February 16, 2008

Popeye Reloaded

I frogged the first version of Popeye(see last two pictures). I had done the ribbing on a machine and the rest by hand, top down. These first two pictures are of the redone sock, knitted all by hand on 2.25mm circular needle. I much prefer it.
This is a different version of my Andersson Heel which I may well prefer to the first one. Just as easy to do. I like the way this one looks and fits. Once I found the math formula for it, it was easy.
Ribbing done on machine. Now frogged.
Heel and gusset and foot down by hand, now frogged.

3 comments:

Diane said...

I actually like the way the machine altered the color and made it stripes, but I agree that the mix of nice stripes and then speckled is a bit off putting. I crave symmetry and probably would have frogged too! The hand knit is great (as always)

Unknown said...

With the side-by-side photos, I can see what may have caused you to decided to frog back Popeye. I do like the new version better. The heel seems to have a steeper angle for the turn. Am I close?

It's beautiful work!

Sheila said...

Colin, your heels are truly a work of art.