Monday, February 11, 2008

On DVD

BLEAK HOUSE : Excellent. We have just watched the whole series, 15 episodes on DVD. A Dickens story. Very well made, well acted and engrossing. Gillian Anderson of X-Files fame stars. Hasn't she turned out to be a beautiful woman?

24: ridiculous and macho crap but also engrossing. I have just finished series 6 which was just as silly as the previous 5. Can't help it, but I really enjoy this series. Never mind that Jack ought to be dead years ago and any real person would be.

BOSTON LEGAL: Excellent. Funny. Moving. Who knew that William Shatner could act?

NIP TUCK : really didn't think I would like this but I did. Just finished series 4. Very well done. Probably the only character I would like to know is Liz the anaesthesiologist. The rest are real pains. Very silly plots. Lots of rude bits.

GREY'S ANATOMY : just about to watch series 2. Enjoyed series one. Watched whilst knitting cocks. Took a bit of getting into.

BEWITCHED: love this and have since I was a boy. I wanted to be Samantha. I longed to twitch my nose and have my family disappear....

THE WEST WING: just brilliant. We own the whole 7 series. Well acted. One you really have to watch and listen to without doing something else.

X-Files: I treated myself to the whole 9 series. I didn't watch it when it was current. Then I caught a couple of episodes and enjoyed them so...very well done. Funny. Moving. Serious. Played for real.

SIX FEET UNDER: We own the whole 5 series. Well done, well acted and weird.

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES: The first series was excellent, the next two not so good but still watchable.

BROTHERS AND SISTERS: saw it on TV. Very good. Looking forward to next series. The first series seemed quite long unless they showed series one and two back to back.

THE TUDORS: sexed up historical drama. Very well acted and filmed.

CRANFORD: Another costume drama. Excellent.

SENSE AND SENSIBILITY: costume drama, Jane Austen. Excellent. These last three were all BBC productions and they know how to make this type of TV.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, just how do you go about "knitting cocks"? (see Grey's Anatomy") I'm sure there are many out here who'd like to know.

jayzwudzatbellsouthdotnet

LizzieK8 said...

If you like West Wing, try An American President.

How about Dexter? It's really good.

Love Boston Legal. I don't think Shanter is acting, I think that's him. Brothers & Sisters is great. Am really enjoying it.

The Tudors. OMG. He's gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

HI Colin
Did you make a blooper in your spelling where you said what you were knitting :-)

Anonymous said...

You have been on a run with the TV. I, personally, like Hugh Laurie on House. No one on Earth could run into that many exotic diseases or combinations of symptoms, but I really enjoy watching him be an insensitive bastard with an occasional foray into human kindness.

I noticed you were knitting "cocks." I'm assuming that was a typo or, perhaps, a Freudian slip? I hope I'm not being over unabashed with this comment.It just struck me funny this morning in my half wakeful stupor.

Best wishes,
Iris

patsijean said...

Re: Boston Legal. Probably my favorite. I maintain, and hubby agrees, that James Spader/Alan Shore and William Shatner/Denny Crane are the best couple on TV on many levels.

Mellie_Blogs said...

GREY'S ANATOMY : just about to watch series 2. Enjoyed series one. Watched whilst knitting cocks. Took a bit of getting into.



What are you doing knitting cocks??? ; )
LOL

Fred said...

Bleak House - can't believe it was so many episodes. Have found the modern Dickens adaptations are a bit hit and miss. Can't stand latest Great Expectations but love the David Lean version and the book!

Bewitched - if you look properly its not her nose that twitches ;-)

Anonymous said...

OMG I've sat here in fits of giggles at your typo, in Greys Anatomy, now I've heard of willie warmers Colin...but...??? Oh you've made my day! Love watching DVD's when I get the chance, but you know my job at the moment, and feet don't touch the ground.. Off now to make some cocks..
(reminds me of the 60's when the Esso logo for a tigers tail was all the rage and us kids used to knit them - wonder what colour your cocks are?)higz Cher

Anonymous said...

Ahh, some of my favorites in your list. I love Boston Legal, I'm in mourning that there is no more West Wing and I can't wait for season 2 of the Tudors.