Thursday, January 17, 2008

alive

had few emails expressing concern. i am okay. not doing brilliantly but doing okay. i ma feeling mainly angry. had enough of being sick., this gut thing is either going to right itself or kill me. i wish it would do something, preferably just go away. I am fed up. have stopped taking all my meds. I ma sure my heart can cope without for a while. Something must be irritating my gut and I intend finding out what it is. i am down to eating steamed fish and steamed veggies and that is it. I am still swimming. I have dog show tomorrow and regardless of how I might feel, i am going.

5 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

Warm and comforting thoughts coming your way...

Julie said...

Hi Colin, I hope you're feeling lots better soon. My Hubby, Auntie, Mum, Sister, Cousin, friends all go it and it took them all a good few days to get over it. I on the other hand appear to be completely immune. Dunno how I managed that one. Anyway I'll keep my fingers crossed for the doggie show as well as your tummy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know you're still with us, Colin. I confess to having become "spoiled"---If I go more than a couple days without reading a post of yours, I worry worry about you, and the world just seems somehow not quite "right".

Wishing you well, and hoping all goes splendidly at the show.

Terry Sailingknitter said...

Hang in there. I'm sure you've looked into this already - but have you considered going gluten-free? Not just grains - but anything made with grains such as beer(oh my!). It sure has worked wonders for me this past couple of years.
Knit on and get well,
Terry aka SailingKnitter

Sheila said...

Colin,
I fully understand your anger and frustration. I live with asthma although it is not as limiting as your arthritis, it does limit me and I get frustrated with it. I can no longer hike and exercise like I was able to 4 years ago. I'm glad to see that you keep active and continue to keep in contact with blog/email friends. Enjoy your dogs. Go to your dog show. It's something you love.