Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Still Better

My voice is much better this morning-deeper and less squeaky! The dogs do not seemed concerned now.

Remember what I was saying about the unpleasantness with some of the UK based lists? Well, one of them.
Well, I came across a mean spirited post about me from an 'Emma In France'(no link to bio) on someone's blog who had knitted my heel. Her only comment was that she found my blog and posts to UKhandknitters irritating so she ignored them and didn't know about the heel! Okay, who gives a toss, no one can be liked by all. What irks me though is the downright mean spiritedness of such a post. Why bother to leave such a bitchy comment? Plus, I don't often post to that forum because of the bitchiness of too many of it's members. Perhaps Emma In France is just really sad.

I have a speaking engagement tonight and I think I am up to it. My voice is there anyway.

I am about to swatch for a garter stitch (on machine) sweater is a silver grey cashmere/silk/merino mix sweater.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

People who leave angry, mean comments are, in my humble opinion, really sad and miserable people. I just don't understand why they feel the need to post them. As you did, we should toss them off.

Wasn't it really kind of the lady to send you the sock yarn? There are more of this kind of lady than the one above.

I am so glad (and I'm sure the dogs are glad) you are feeling better today. Enjoy your speaking engagement. I wish I could attend.

Knittynutter said...

Glad you are feeling better and hope you have a good day.
Hey I totally agree with you, I dont bother to post there any more as one woman got really shirty wth me for telling them about my fundraising!! it was knitting realted too!! and for a registered charity!! mean spirited or what.
Take faith that there are kind people out here, like the lovely lady who sent you sock wool.I have come to the conclusion that people only see what they want to see, more fool them!!!

Anonymous said...

I was always told if you can't say something nice, say nothing at all. I live by that as much as I can, but do find it hard to challenge someone if they say something to me I feel in unfair or unfounded. (I find it hard if it is founded too LOL, but then thats just me). I would be interested to hear you speak one day, I shall have to find out where you are speaking and one day make the journey to come listen. Knitting group tomorrow in MK, 10am, I don't suppose you can leave the pups?

Anonymous said...

It is amazing that some people just seem to enjoy making those types of comments - I get tired of them and the lists too for just that reason. I remember not too long ago a knitter was crushed because someone left a nasty (and for no reason) comment about her FO. I go for the 'if you can't say something nice - don't say anything' school of behaviour. Even if it is not the best thing you ever saw there is no reason to be mean or nasty.
Hope you had fun and gave a good talk

Knitterman said...

You're okay, Colin. Mean people seem to come crawling out of the woodwork at the slightest provocation. Like cockroaches. And we all know what to do with cockroaches. We don't let them dig deep into our cupboards, wander around the kitchen, or muck up our homes. We kill 'em. Step on 'em, scoop 'em up and toss them in the trash, swiftly dispatched without emotion to a place where they cannot annoy us. Pity there isn't such a mechanism to so easily deal with the annoying people, but it helps to just imagine them as cockroaches and give them no more emotion than you'd give a bug. Truly, they can't hurt you in real life. Nasty people are annoying as hell, but their nastiness comes from inside their own shadows, and not a reflection of you.

Hang in there. You are surrounded today by people who care, and that's what counts.

Kucki68 said...

Garter Stitch sweater - I was actually relieved that you said machine there, it sounded almost painful. Now it sounds like: show us a picture of the swatch lovely.