Thursday, November 08, 2007

Some People

Two years ago my vet told me to never go to him again.

This is why:

As you know I am disabled. I had been up all night with a girl whelping, or trying to. At 5am I realised she needed veterinary help. By this time, I could barely walk and she needed help fast. I took her to my local vet, 5 minutes away.(my usual vet is 30 mins drive away) I explained I was disabled and couldn't walk that day. So they met me and took care of everything. They saved my girls life and performed a ceaser.


I later phoned my vet and told the nurse what had happened. She later called me and told me that Jim, my vet, had said he would not treat any of my animals again. I was miffed to say the least. He knows my physical problems.

In fact a few weeks ago, he saw me out in my wheelchair and we exchanged pleasantries.

So last Saturday I called him about him doing vet work for me. Once again, and thru a nurse, he told me to go elsewhere.

There is no fool like an old fool. Talk about self centred egotist! And no balls as he at no time has he spoken to me. He did it all thru young women.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your ex-vet is also in the wrong business. To be angry because you went to someone closer under the circumstances is unconscionable! For all he knows, the bitch could have died before you went the extra miles and minutes!

And, you're right. He's a coward to boot - and two faced.

I do not like that man.

Anonymous said...

what a total a$$ - think of it this way - his loss, not yours - there's a better vet out there for you

Anonymous said...

This does seem unbelieveable, but we had a vet refuse to come out to us and we had to call someone else. I was still living at home with my parents. Turns out that what the first vet thought was a tummy upset wasn't at all. Someone had fed our dog rat poison because they didn't like dogs and didn't feel we should keep one. She died unfortuately, but I don't think there would have been alot the first vet could have done for her though.

Anonymous said...

I would say your pups are better off with another vet.

FuguesStateKnits said...

Well that dude sounds like a complete waste of time! How nice to be able to afford to offend prospective patients! He's not only pompous and cowardly, he doesn't have much business sense!
Sheesh - he's not worth another second of your time!
Hope your days are better:)
Hugs,
Joan

Anonymous said...

jerks are all around - it seems pretty stupid to refuse to take care of someone's animals just because you used another vet in an emergency - guess he has too much $ and you are right he is missing a part of the male anatomy!
your dogs and you are better off without him

Anonymous said...

In all my many years, I have never heard of such abusive behavior by a person in the business of helping animals or humans. I hate to assume anything, but it sounds as if he is discriminating against you because you are disabled.

Discrimination of that sort is a serious crime in the US. Why not in the UK?