Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Free Yarn -Kindness

A dear woman sent me some sock yarn for free. I had seen it on the stash part of Ravelry and wrote and asked her how much she wanted for it. I got a letter back saying she would just give it to me. I was really pleased at such kindness. The sock yarn is Lorna's Laces and I am dying to knit up but must finish 3 other pairs first.

I have deliberately not named this person as I have not asked permission and would not want her inundated with requests for free yarn!

She knows who she is and knows how thankful I am for her generosity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that just lovely!
Someone I didn't know sent me quite a lot of yarn just because she said she had too much given to her. She was so kind to share with a stranger. There really are lots of nice people around.

Nice timing!

FuguesStateKnits said...

And it seems most of those nice people are knitters;)
Joan