Friday, October 26, 2007

Love Is Knitting Boring socks

This sock is not my size as it's John's. Knitted on 2.25mm KnitPicks Circular needle. 80sts total The pattern is simple. k4, p4 for 6 rounds and then p4, k4 for 6 rounds. Repeat. The texture at least makes it more interesting. The yarn is one of the 'Prego' ones I bought at Globus in Sandhausen for about £1 (€1.49)a 50gm ball, 75% superwash wool, 25% nylon.
Knitted toe up using Andersson Heel.


EDIT: THIS SOCK IS CHARCOAL, FOR SOME REASON OTHERS SEE IT AS BLUE!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's really true love.
but they look nice ;-))

Anonymous said...

Looks great Colin! And remember: he lets you knit socks for him...:-) my love refuses any time!

Lisa said...

At least they don't look boring. I love them. I think I will do a pair like that!

Tabitha said...

They are beautiful Knitman. John is sure to love them - boring or not.

Anonymous said...

Yes Colin, another beautiful pair of socks. Love the pattern and will use
the concept for my next pair for my husband.

Anonymous said...

Nice looking sock, Colin! It looks very blue on my monitor, too!

Anonymous said...

Quite a nice texture stitch for a plain color, I like the grey too. DH
like his socks with a fairly plain rib down the entire leg, 'course he
has very skinny ankles and other socks bag there, yucch! He will wear
striped socks, but he doesn't have a job that cares about his
appearance.

Anonymous said...

oh i love the texture of these socks!! really gorgeous. love how the blue looks in texture.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful, heathery deep blue here, too. I thought you'd gotten John to
agree to colours! Ah well, they're gorgeous - even if not blue. :o)

Sarah said...

Looks blue to me too. But beautiful, and not all that boring to me.

Kucki68 said...

I am currently knitting a bit more interesting ones as birthday gift for MyGuy, but the next ones he gets to choose. I am afraid they will be plain stockinette. It's a good thing I love him.