Thursday, October 04, 2007

Cheesed Off

I am not at all happy. John has gone off to Tallin, Estonia with no warning. Which means I am stuck here on my own this weekend. Can't go shopping or anything so just as well we have a full freezer. Oh okay, not that bad. If I need a few bits, I can do it on my own. I also get lonely when I am on my own at the weekend as well.

What I am really p'd off about is that Sunday is the Lhasa Apso Club's Championship show into which Micah and Shameless are entered. I cannot go as Luna needs 24 hr supervison right now, especially as her pups are likely to be here tomorrow night.

Of course, no one I have asked wishes to come and stay here for a few hours Sunday morning.
The judge for this show is almost 80 so I doubt very much if I shall get another opportunity to show under him.

Had another disturbed night with pain. I figured out it is muscle spasm in my rib cage. Figures as I have this condition there, which I can never remember the name of, which is inflammation of the muscles between the ribs. I almost always feel like someone has kicked my in the sternum. So that explains why the Protium doesn't stop it happening!

Things at the pool seem to have changed for the better.

I have almost finished a navy blue garter stitch sweater using the garter carriage.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colin,

I get those intercostal cramps as well, they are truly awful. I also have cramps in weird and wonderful places. A doctor put me on Quinine, 1 tablet a day, it has eased the cramps. I used to get over 40 a day, now on a good day I'm down to about 5. But no-one will put a diagnosis on it. I totally empathise with you and know what you are going through. I know it is a mild form of Dystonia, but I can't get any answers from any doctors I've asked.

As is usual - lovely work with your knitting.

I can't wait to hear about your pending puppies, I hope everything goes well with your girl and her babies.

Unknown said...

Sorry I can't come dog sit but it's simply too far from California. I envy John getting to go to Tallin, though. It's lovely.

Unknown said...

sorry I can't help Colin hope your imminent birth goes well and both mum and pups are fine.

Anonymous said...

It's too bad I'm not in England - I'd dog sit. I miss dogs.

I also know how you feel about being alone all the time, especially when you look forward to seeing someone all week long and, Poof!, they're not coming. Just remember he loves you. :)

Anonymous said...

How far away are you, Colin? I am experienced with dogs and an ex cat breeder, free tomorrow and would help if I can. I live near Buckingham. lds836@yahoo.co.uk
Lesley