Saturday, October 20, 2007

Better Days

Yesterday was better. I went for a massage which I enjoyed very much. Today I feel rather sore!

I went for my flu jab this morning.

The puppies have all got open eyes now.

I very much appreciate the comments left by others. Only one spoiled their 'support' by their attitude. This person thinks the only reason I do not believe as they do about their religious belief is because I don't understand it. They also believe, arrogantly, that one day I will believe as they do.

This is fundamentalism. They put their own fear and belief above anything else and what sort of person, having truly read and understood my experience, would still come here with that attitude? A fundamentalist. I do not trust such people and do not believe they care for anything genuinely. Why? Because they believe that if they don't believe as they do, they will rot in hell and how can one trust any thing from them when it is so fear based?

It reminds me of a woman who was interviewed for a news program. She worked amongst the sick and dying and in Africa. she was asked why she did it. Her reply was was that 'she did it for the Lord Jesus'. In other words, I do it for myself because if I can prove I am good enough, I will not rot in hell. In other words, her attitude was one of selfishness, borne of fear. This is just so sad for me. It also makes me angry. I feel both feelings strongly. Really, had her answer been 'I do this because they are human beings and I really care about them and want to alleviate their suffering' it would have been right to think of her as special. Also, if you help people, but with an agenda, i.e. you want them to accept your beliefs, then your help is tainted and the results will not be as they could be.


If we truly care for others, we listen, we help, we care with no strings attached. We do not try to recruit them to our way of thinking. We are just there for them. Because we truly care for them and not because we think it will give us extra credit with the Boogie Man.(which to many their God is). If you feel you have to please your God in order to be safe, your have a Boogie Man as a God. And isn't there something about not having other god's before me?

The world is full of genuinely kind and compassionate people who love and care for other people. Many of these people are humanists, they have no god. Many of them have gods of various hues which they are not afraid of.

These people act out of love for themselves and for others-they don't act to please a despot god.

Well, that wasn't what I had intended to write this day.

Now I am off to shop.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are feeling better.

I read the comments on your blog and see how much my affection for you is shared by so many others who know you only by your writings. You are so real in your posts. You give much of yourself by simply allowing us all to see your pain and giving us a chance to try to support you.

There will always be jerks out there who should be locked in a cage, never to go near any child and, especially, never be allowed to reproduce.

The upside of this is that their reproduction produced: YOU! You, and people like you, are one of the greatest benefits to the world. By sharing as you do, you help yourself (AND OTHERS) heal and, perhaps, give insight to the rest of us.

For all you know, someone who has been or is abusive has read your post and, in some manner, found a way to stop their abusive practices.

At the very least, you have been able to verbalize your own issues and provide understanding and a chance for some of us to love.

La Duchesse said...

My feeling is this: I'll respect your beliefs until you decide to ram them down my throat, at which point I will probably bleep smack you, and then I'll avoid talking to you ever again. Just because I have a different belief system doesn't mean my beliefs are invalid. I totally agree with you, Colin!

JeanCares said...

Hello Colin~~well I am one of those religious nuts, but~~~I believe that you are a special person. You haven't stopped to think about how many people YOU have helped~~~just by being you!!
One of my best friends was a gay guy, and I just loved him a lot!!
He would've done just anything for me, and I for him~~enough of this mushy stuff!! Your John is a beautiful person too!! It sounds like y'all are well paired!!
Also, let me add that he's gorgeous!!
Jealous yet??
Also your socks are beautiful~~look just like New Mexico, USA~~
Now give yourself 30 lashes with a wet noodle for feeling so worthless~~We do NOT love worthless people!!! Ya hear???? Hugs Jean S