Monday, August 27, 2007

Stash Enhancement


These are mostly for John's socks. The red, rust and light blue are beige and light grey are for me. Most of these balls cost me less than £1 (pound) per 50gm ball!The 50gm balls cost me £1 each! The Regia 100gm balls cost me about £5 each. Much cheaper than here in the UK.

Lia took us to Globus, a very large 'shop' which sold everything. It was amazing, shopping heaven. It is here I bought the cheaper sock yarn though they did sell lots of Regia.

In all the shops I went in, I saw none of the Kaffe Fasset yarn from Regia.

Strangely, the most expensive place for yarn was the department stores which sold Regia in only 50gm balls . However, it was still cheaper than the UK at only £2.80 per ball.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great haul!

Annick said...

Well Colin you won't stop knitting for a long time ! you will have a lot of socks and your husband as well !!!

Anonymous said...

Oh shopping heaven! What a haul: good thing you all drove

anachronist said...

Wow, All bought in one day???

You will be in sock knitting heaven for a long time untill they are all worked into foot-cozies.

Enjoy :-)

Anonymous said...

omygosh... are you on ravelry already? Ravelry is wonderful but at the same time a reason not to have so much stash...:-) Welcome back again, hope you had a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous! That's what I am at all that nice low cost sock yarn. Oh, my. What a lucky man. And what a nice group of people you saw. I'm gushing. I'm so sorry. I am soooooo jealous!

I'm glad you're back safely in your own little home. I'll bet the pups are happy, too.

Anonymous said...

wow! great yarns and great prices- looking forward to seeing all those sock pics

Anonymous said...

I am sooo drooling over that blue stripe on the right, on top...the one that you have 2 skeins of. Excellent colors and I am so glad you had a nice time!