Monday, August 06, 2007

How to Make It Worse

Well if you read this blog, you'll know that yesterday was not a brilliant day for being intelligent.

What you may not know is how I made it worse, or rather ensured today would not be a good one.

We went out to a meeting last night,(the speakers were not good) and whilst here I had a rather bad attack of stomach acid pain. Got my medicine out of the car and it had gone off so I drank a gob full of milk and it went way.

I was really sensible when I got home. I could not be bothered cooking so I ate two sandwiches instead.

What is wrong with that I here you ask? Plenty if you are allergic to most starches, especially wheat.

I also took a 40mg dose of Protium since I had already that stomach acid attack.

I was up early, feeling crap, and was gone from here by 6.30am to take Luna for another visit to her beau. Got back, exhausted, ate sensibly and went to bed. About an hour after I got up again, I started to get bad stomach pain.

This pain usually starts in my right side, about where the ribs start, and moves over up my middle. I took the antacid and nothing happened, the pain didn't abate, or rather it did but was back within seconds, and more severe.

In short, two more doses and a shot of milk and 30 minutes later it subsided. During that time, I also took my GTN spray which had no effect I but I took it because I could feel the beginnings of panic. I also took deep breaths easily. So I could breath well, the GTN did nothing to relieve my pain, so it wasn't my heart. I took poor Micah for a walk(as he is frustrated as I have girls in season and he can't mate the. He is being remarkably well behaved.)

It has passed now and I feel okay apart from now having diarrhoea and gas! (I am sure you wanted to know that!)

So not only did I feel bad for the car fiasco but I then go and make it all much worse by eating what I know will make me sick! (Yet telling myself it won't!)

So I proved yet again that certain foods I cannot eat safely and that Protium doesn't really work so why bother to take it?

The car thing is no big deal in the scheme of things, I know, and it could have been so much worse. Sometimes I don't have a clue as to why I make the wrong choice when I know so well how to take care of myself.

In the end, the car thing was not the worst thing that happened but what I did to myself.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Colin
I get the same pain if I eat things I shouldnt.
The only thing I found that worked was drinking water.
Drink a glass of water as soon as you get the pain then again half an hour later.
It dilutes the acid and it really does work for me
Hope that helps
Pam

Anonymous said...

Definitely an Oopsie few days there.... You must be *human*!

anachronist said...

You sound like me, things like that happened to me, too. In times of stress I dont think of taking good care of myself and have to 'pay the price' and beating myself up for it.

Only wise thing to do is making it differently in the future and not being too angry with oneself.
Oooopsies happen, and like mary beth said, you must be human :-)
I hope your system and stomach can get back to normal really soon.

FuguesStateKnits said...

Hey kiddo - have you considered gallbladder or gallstones? Pain in the upper right quadrant is a symptom, right? Is there a doctor in the house?
Poor sweetie - I'm so sorry you're in pain! Take care - and here's a cyber hug from the other side of the pond!
Joan a/k/a FSK

Hilde C. said...

I'm sorry to hear about your car, and your stomach. I'm crossing my fingers, hoping you'll have better days for a while know :-)

Gillian said...

There's no doubt that you give us plenty of information but if it was "too much info" as they say these days, then we don't have to go on reading it. I hope you are feeling a lot better. I'm no real expert on stomach pain or any other sort. I just think that you seem to be coping really well from what I read.
Cheers Gillian.
PS of course the worst thing you can do is tell someone how well they seem to be coping when they are crying out to have someone really notice how much it is all hurting.