Thursday, May 31, 2007

Weird?

I don't walk my dogs every day. It depends on 1. my pain levels and 2. the weather, rain stops me. When I do walk them it is not at the same time. It is when I can and mostly daily.

I go upstairs and at all sorts of different times. I go and change to go out. The dogs take no notice.

This morning, about 10.30 am I was sitting finishing the Fortissima and I thought to myself;

'I think I will take the dogs out.'

No sooner had I thought it than Nechung woke up, jumped down from her armchair and danced around my feet, making her excited. At the same time joined by Micah, Luna and Shameless.

How do they know? I do not do anything routinely so it isn't that. I only have to think it and they know.

This morning's occurrence isn't a one off. They always do this. They seem to read my mind.

Whatever is going on, it is weird and very clever of them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree about dogs mystically knowing - it happens all the time my dog will suddenly lift his head perk his ears and then give my the look that says - I know you are going out. If it is cool enough for him to go with me for a ride the happy dance begins
My 93 year old aunt says - "I wish that dog could talk, he just looks like he has something to say that I want to hear"

DK said...

They're absolutely telepathic, it's crazy! My pooch is the same way. I also suspect that she sits over in her chair trying to hone her mind control powers as well... "Take the dog outside....give the dog your dinner..."

The Fortissima Sock is fabulous, btw. It looks like a very nice fit as well.

Kate (from the sock knitters group)

Becky G said...

Yep, it's definitely a dog thing. Mine does the same thing.

Ang said...

when I had a dog, he used to do the same too.