Sunday, April 01, 2007

Westboro Baptist Church

(This 'church' was the subject of a Louis Theroux documentary on BBC2)

THE CHURCH OF HATE


Having watched a documentary regarding these people, I cannot decide if the adults are evil or insane.


What I really want to know is why the mother of those 11 children has not been charged with child abuse? Why have the children not been removed to a place of safety?

This group pratices the worst aspects of child abuse: they destroy their minds and spirits.

And the authroities are just letting them get away with it.

No matter how they protest that they are preaching God's word, they are clearly not. All they are is vile child abusers with hubris so intrenched in them they are beyond anything loving or sane.

Their leader, Phelps, oozes evil. Just his eyes leave you in no doubt at all of the vileness swilling inside him.

OF COURSE, THE ONE THING THEY DO NOT REALISE IS THEIR FAITH IS NOT IN GOD'S JUDGEMENT BUT IN THEIR OWN!!! THEIR FAITH IS IN THEIR OWN INTERPRETATIONS. THEIR FAITH IS IN THEMSELVES. THEY DO NOT DOUBT THEMSELVES. THEY DO NOT BELIEVE THEY ARE CAPABLE OF BEING WRONG. SO DO NOT BE FOOLED, THESE ARE NOT RIGHTEOUS GOD LOVING PEOPLE. THESE ARE PEOPLE ROTTEN WITH SELF LOVE.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found that documentary so upsetting. I couldn't understand where they get money to survive from - it's enough to make you despair, to imagine that people give financial support to such a hateful, hateful organisation. I suspect that even the adults are victims of abuse themselves, and perpetrating it down through the generations. It all seems to have started with that horrible grandfather, and god only know what could have turned him so spiteful.

It seems that these so-called 'Christians' have completely forgotten the principles of forgiveness and compassion, regardless of their own beliefs.

yuck. gives me a nasty taste in my mouth just remembering it.

CP Warner said...

There's a special place in Eternity for people who propagate and perpetuate this kind of shite. I'm glad I hang out with liberal Episcopalians. A fair number of us welcome gay ministers. And bishops, too. People who think like these Westboro folks had best stop listening to The Messiah, because Handel was gay, too.

Jenn said...

I didnt even know the program was on until I walked in the door and my bf was sat there watching the begining of it.. I couldnt believe what I was seeing! I was nearly in tears during the program for what they were doing to other people... Just a shame as you say they are all full of so much hate because of that phelps guy.

Jenn said...

*anna their money comes from them all being LAWYERS and they have to give 10% of their checks to the "church"*

Anonymous said...

Would you please give me the name of the documentory? Even though, in Canada, I'll probably never get the opportunity to hate these people, I'd like the chance.

Maureen

Annie said...

I found the programme completely shocking. That "Pastor" is indeed evil. How can people believe such utter garbage? Their "faith" - for want of a better word - has nothing to do with any kind of religion that I recognise.

FuguesStateKnits said...

That Phelps guy was portrayed in the movie about Matthew Shepard - about the western town in Montana, USA - Laramie, I think was the title of the movie - where Matthew was murdered. In one very powerful scene, Phelps was out on the street, with his little group, spewing his vomitous venom, when a group of men, women and children, dressed up as angels surrounded him and silently blocked his view as he kept screaming like the infantile satanic figure he is. Their silent witness will always stay with me as a dramatic portrayal of the judgment of God.
Wonder what the little demon is so afraid of???

plumbum said...

I don't have a goggle box, so will not see this programme, but have been googling after reading this. Thank you - it is necessary to be aware.

Looks like the kind of religion that I was dragged up on - and which has given me a healthy loathing for all forms of organised religion.